What is railways in India?
Indian Railways (IR) is a statutory body under the ownership of Ministry of Railways, Government of India that operates India's national railway system. It manages the fourth largest national railway system in the world by size, with a total route length of 68,103 km (42,317 mi) as of 31 March 2022.
What is railways in simple words?
1. a permanent track composed of a line of parallel metal rails fixed to sleepers, for transport of passengers and goods in trains. 2. any track on which the wheels of a vehicle may run.
What is railway short answer?
It is a means of transport, on vehicles which run on tracks (rails or railroads). It is one of the most important, commonly used and very cost effective modes of commuting and goods carriage over long, as well as, short distances.
What is train rail?
A rail is a horizontally extending steel bar between supports that serves as a track for trains, automobiles, and other vehicles.May 19, 2021
What is railway line in English?
Definition of 'railway line'
1. a route between two points on a railway. Many farms are separated from their fields by the Leiden-Utrecht railway line. 2. a railway track, including the roadbed, sleepers, etc.
What is the definition of railways?
1. a permanent track composed of a line of parallel metal rails fixed to sleepers, for transport of passengers and goods in trains. 2. any track on which the wheels of a vehicle may run. a cable railway.
What are the three types of railway?
In the world there are mainly three types of rail tracks, normal rail track, high speed rail track and subway track.
What is the purpose of railways?
Railways are a climate-smart and efficient way to move people and freight. Railways promote economic growth while cutting greenhouse gas emissions. They are a clean and compact way to move millions of passengers and millions of tons of goods across countries and continents.
What is a sentence for railway?
Use “railway” in a sentence
The railway is still under construction.
What are 10 examples sentences?
10 examples of sentences
- Mary enjoys cooking.
- She likes bananas.
- They speak English at work.
- The train does not leave at 12 AM.
- I have no money at the moment.
- Do they talk a lot ?
- Does she drink coffee?
- You run to the party.
What is an example sentence?
An "example sentence" is a sentence written to demonstrate usage of a particular word in context. An example sentence is invented by its writer to show how to use a particular word properly in writing. Such examples are placed following a given definition, to make it clear which definition they illustrate.