What are the 3 ways of citing sources?
APA (American Psychological Association) is used by Education, Psychology, and Sciences. MLA (Modern Language Association) style is used by the Humanities. Chicago/Turabian style is generally used by Business, History, and the Fine Arts.Oct 11, 2022
What 3 things must you cite?
ALWAYS CITE, in the following cases:
- When you quote two or more words verbatim, or even one word if it is used in a way that is unique to the source. ...
- When you introduce facts that you have found in a source. ...
- When you paraphrase or summarize ideas, interpretations, or conclusions that you find in a source.
What are the 3 needs for citing sources?
Citation Basics - Citations 101 - LibGuides at Oregon State University.
There are certain basic things you need to cite almost all sources, using just about any format:
- The AUTHOR (or creator) of the work. ...
- The TITLE OF THE WORK itself. ...
- The PUBLICATION DATE.
What are the 3 citations?
There are many different citation styles, but they typically use one of three basic approaches: parenthetical citations, numerical citations, or note citations.Jun 24, 2022
What are 3 types of information that should be cited in an academic paper?
You must cite a reference when you: Discuss, summarize, or paraphrase the ideas of an author. Provide a direct quotation. Use statistical or other data.Jul 1, 2022
What things do you need to cite?
You must cite:
- Facts, figures, ideas, or other information that is not common knowledge.
- Ideas, words, theories, or exact language that another person used in other publications. ...
- Another person's exact words should be quoted and cited to show proper credit.
What are 2 ways to cite your source?
Two Types of Citations
Works cited page (MLA) or reference list (APA) citations give all of the information your reader would need to find your source. They appear at the end of your paper as a separate page listing all of the sources you used.Aug 19, 2022