How do I get in shape to be a hotshot?
Hotshot Physical Fitness Training
- Hikes with full gear in rugged mountainous terrain.
- Distance runs on both flat ground and mountainous terrain.
- Running stadium steps.
- Interval sprints.
How do you train like a hotshot?
Federal Hotshot Standards
- Sit-ups. 40 in less than 1 minute.
- Push-ups. 25 in less than 1 minute.
- Chin-ups based on bodyweight. Less than 110 lbs — 7 reps. 110–134 lbs — 6 reps. 134–169 lbs — 5 reps. ...
- Cardio. 1.5-mile run in less. than 10:35. 3-mile hike with a 45-pound pack in less than 45 minutes (walking, not running)
How do you get in shape for fire season fast?
Getting Fit for Fire Season
- Cardiovascular: It's recommended that you engage in cardiovascular activity 4-6 times per week for 30-60 minutes at a time. ...
- Muscle Strength: Recommendations say that you should begin your strength workouts twice per week for the first two weeks.
How long does it take to become a hot shot?
But Hotshotting itself is much more than that. Hotshotting is work that becomes a way of life. Hotshotting is spending a hundred plus days on assignment over a six month fire season. Hotshotting is working 1000 hours of overtime on top of 40 hours/wk of base pay.
How much can you make Hotshotting?
Average Salary Of Hot Shot Truckers
Hot shot drivers earn around $100,000 yearly, but that's on the higher end. Ask hot shot truckers how much they make, and you will get many responses. However, the average annual owner-operator income for hotshot truck drivers ranges between $49,000 and $75,000.Jun 27, 2022
What do you need to be a hotshot?
Are you physically fit to be a hotshot?
- 1.5 mile run in a time of 10:35 or less.
- 40 sit-ups in 60 seconds.
- 25 pushups in 60 seconds.
- Chin-ups, based on body weight. More than 170 lbs. = 4 chin-ups. 135-170 lbs. = 5 chin-ups. 110-135 lbs. = 6 chin-ups. Less than 110 lbs. = 7 chin-ups.
What does it take to be a hotshot?
The path to becoming a Hotshot can vary, but it typically includes experience as a Type-2 Firefighter on a Fire Engine Module, Type 2 Handcrew, Fire Use Module, or Helitack Crew with one of the Federal land management agencies (such as the U.S. Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, or National Park Service).
How do I start doing hotshot loads?
How to become a hotshot driver
- Get a valid driver's license. Hotshot drivers need a basic Class D driver's license. ...
- Apply for a USDOT number. ...
- Purchase equipment. ...
- Buy liability insurance. ...
- Build a professional network. ...
- Search for cargo loads and deliveries.
How to start hotshot trucking without CDL?
A commercial driver's license is not needed to be a hotshot trucker. It all depends on the types of loads you haul. You don't even need a gooseneck trailer to haul hot shot loads. Although I believe a gooseneck trailer is a good idea, you don't need it to start.Jan 4, 2022
How to start hot shot trucking with no money?
One method will work for some but not for others.
- Commercial Truck Loans. If you don't have thousands of dollars sitting around waiting to be used, a loan may be your best financing option. ...
- Consider Renting. ...
- Lease to Own. ...
- Buy Used. ...
- Get a CDL. ...
- Do Your Paperwork. ...
- Secure Business Insurance.