I can't think of anything, and when that happens, I make stuff up.
> make life difficult for farmers?
o The price of the product (food) drops.
o Suddenly there's competition for selling the product.
o The "gains" in productivity from green revolution crops comes at the expense of the land. Crop rotation and fallowing isn't enough any more. You have to buy fertilizer every year.
o Not to mention you have to buy the new seeds for the more-productive crops. They're patented which means you can't save some seeds from last year. You have to buy new seeds every year.
o You're also going to need to modernize your equipment, and it's becoming standard now that if something breaks, you can't fix it yourself. Not naming the company, but one of the main makers of farm equipment now has a policy that only they can repair their stuff.
> What was the result of this?
o Farm loans to even out cash flow. Ouch.
o Fewer people farming because there's not enough money in it
o Farms becoming property of corporate farmers
o Before people got used to modern agricultural practices, the Dust Bowl events.
o Government regulation and payouts. The government wants people to continue being farmers just-in-case, but there just isn't enough market to keep people producing certain crops. So some farmers are going to be paid *not* to grow certain crops, and/or some will be restricted to how many acres for a particular crop or how many bushels.
How did gains in farm productivity in the 20th century make life difficult for farmers? What was the result of this?
- Please explain to me how to graph and make a table for the rule y=-x^2+x+2 am sad and confuzzled?
- An airplane on autopilot took 9 hours to travel 6,534 kilometers. What is the unit rate for kilometers per hour?
- My Sharp writeview EL-W535XG calculator keeps giving me answers in fractions. For example, I type in 0.05 divided by 0.06 and get 5/6.?
- Can anyone help me solve this problem with steps, please?
- How come americans remember dates so well and what they did on that day?
- Was the Nazi German Military strong back then? Everyone at my school says they were the weakest military to exist.?
- What rhymes with ********?
- Why are atheist not allowed to think independently?
- If Donald Trump is such a great deal maker, why did he pay $130,000 for Stormy Daniels?
- Help! Political Science Question!?