Blue - sad
Red - angry
Green - jealousy
Yellow - cowardly
How many colors have alternative descriptions and what are those colors and descriptions?
So you know how green can mean inexperienced and purple can mean exaggeration of literary devices in literature. How many other colors have alternative uses such as that?
- Black is often used to denote mood, or something scary. White Hats are used to describe ethical hackers. Greenies in aeronautical circles mean electricians, based on the general colour of their overalls.11
- Almost all colors (at least the main primary colors) have figurative meanings.11
- Yellow- cowardly
Red is related to anger, such as "seeing red", but not always/on its own (to my knowledge, and there are people who have successfully used it).
Green can also mean environmentally friendly, and a political party that supports environmental rights may call itself the "Greens" (Australia has one, as does the USA). Also, red can mean communist, deriving from the predominant colour of the USSR's flag.30
- If you look at sample charts from various manufacturers of paint for the home or office, you will see many dozen, or several hundred, colours on each chart, all with fancy names suggesting various "moods".
Scientifically it is said that the human eye can perceive hundreds of thousands of separate colours.
In everyday terms about a dozen colours are noted as basic.
Note that "white" and "black" and "grey" (gray) are not colours in scientific terms, but are often referred to as "colours" in everyday life.11
- Native English speakers, could you please help me with these issues:?
- Can you translate this conlang?
- The usage of preposition 'in'?
- Native English speakers, could you please help me with these issues?
- What English accent should I learn? , American or British?
- Is the French language a drain on the Canadian economy? Is it pointless in Canada?
- Do you think words should be spelled exactly as they are pronounced?
- How many people in the world do you think are fluent in all 4 of these languages: Mandarin Chinese, Arabic, Spanish, & English?
- Is English a less better language since it has a simpler grammar than French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, Hindi etc?
- What if I want nothing to do with people who don't speak my language?