How to set up a modem and router?
So I’m in college and my dorm only has one ethernet port and no wifi. I connect the ethernet cable to my laptop to access the internet but I can’t set them up.
- Go online, I'm sure you'll see the steps on this.04
- Use your phone on wifi as a hotspot.21
- See the RA (Resident Assistant) on your floor. Some dorms require a special setup for DNS or a special program that insures your computer meets the schools network requirement before you can access the Internet.
You can maybe also get a ethernet switch from them that will give you more than one port for your room.30
- This is something you would need to check with your school's IT department. I don't think they would like it if someone just plugged in a random Wi-Fi access point.20
- Well, first problem is you never use a modem with an ethernet port from another network! Modems are to connect to NON- ethernet connections, like cable or dsl. Second is your school may prohibit use of a router being connected to the school network as it presents a LARGE security issue for the network! SO check with the IT department .. if they allow routers, you simply setup the routers wan ethernet port to the ethernet port on the wall. (If the router is a combined modem router... you have the wrong device!)50
- follow the instructions.
or find a person there good with tech.00
- aside from a router you could try to find an ethernet HUB. Its old school but about 25$ Other than that, one computer with newest version of windows can be the main c omputer with others running OFF it on wifi. the cheap computer BECOMES THE router. You set up a network on it. but that will be a drain on YOUR resources unless you buy a beater-old- computer. Gotta suck up to somebody in tech classes * grin *01
- When you get your modem from the ISP you should plug it in and it will download the settings from your ISP. The router will also work with default settings, but certain settings you might want to change. These settings include the router login information, the WiFi password, etc.00
- Where they give me some guide to hack the Twitter platform of a user who is blackmailing me?
- I am a big company laying Ethernet cable between 10 cities, where each connection goes directly from one city to another. .?
- What is pirate station?
- How do I get wifi?
- How do I get wifi?
- Can the use of a VPN be traced back to me?
- How to get free wifi from an unused router?
- How to get unblocked from wifi?
- Is it possible to connect a computer 1000 meters away from the router, by putting an Ethernet repeater every 100 meters?
- Am I in trouble with work?