Chinchilla cage smells?? Just changed a day ago, is it because of pee or bedding?
I recently got two chinchillas, and this is my first time taking care of them. When I bought them, I received FreshNews recycled paper cat litter. It helped absorb the smell however I noticed the chinchillas eating the litter. I changed the litter to CareFresh the paper bedding but then the cage smell seemed much stronger. I m not sure why, but I m suspecting that it may be their pee. I m not sure whether it s normal but I read online that their pee should be odorless but there s a strong odor smell coming from their cage. I just changed their cage yesterday but the odor is already strong. Please help! If I do use different bedding besides fleece, what should I put underneath? And would you think it s because of the bedding or their actual pee? Thank you!
- Yes, it might be the bedding or maybe just the animal. Sometimes they roll in there “potty spot” for reasons i do t know00
- Chinchillas are basically odor free. If there's a bad odor coming from their cage, is it a urine smell or a poop smell? If it's urine, it's possible that someone is purposely urinating in the cage to (pardon the expression) p-i-ss you off. If it's a poop smell, I'd venture to guess the chinchilla has diarrhea and you'd need to get "Dri-Tail" from the pet store to clear it up.10
- URGENT GUINEA PIG DYING?
- URGENT: HOW TO HELP A GUINEA PIG IN SHOCK?
- How long can a rat live without food or water?
- Does anyone know how to make a mean Weed Rat Stew?
- Who is funnier to watch and listen to: Donald Trump, Rudy Giuliani or Bozo the Clown?
- Poll: Are you scared of mice?
- Are liberals still in denial of the Clinton's corruption and how we've been duped?
- Why are my hamsters dying?
- What is the non scriptural explanation for the very human need of a 7 Day week/segment of time?
- Why is President Trump surprised that Democrats won't fund his wall?