Why are some customers so difficult?
I was bagging for this lady last night and there were these 2 cups of soup and a couple pop tart boxes that I put in the bottom of the sack, and I stacked these two light bags of apples on top and she yells at me that I’m going to crush everything, so I took them out and put them in a separate bag. I looked in the first bag and literally nothing was crushed. When she walked away I was talking to the cashier and even she agreed with me that I didn’t do anything wrong. The lady heard because when I turned she was looking at me and then she turned around and walked out of the store, so now she’s going to go complain to my boss. Did I do a bad job or are some customers just difficult like that?
- Some customers take out bad days or other emotions on people they don’t know. You didn’t do anything wrong. And you listened to her complaint and fixed it. It has nothing to do with you.15
- apples are heavy and dense they should go in the bag before cup of soup and pop tarts21
- Bagging groceries was one of my first jobs and I quickly became excellent at it. Bags of apples do not belong on top of small boxes like what Pop Tarts come in. Bagged apples generally weigh three pounds - a box of Pop Tarts maybe 12 ounces. Soup always came in cans. When you say 'cups' I'm assuming a lightweight plastic cup with dried soup mix that you add water to. Those are EASILY crushed.
So you looked in the bag and didn't see anything crushed. This illustrates your limited experience in life - you see only what YOU see in the moment, you don't consider what others see, not just in the moment but down the road. You have no idea what those lighter things will look like an hour or longer, possibly, later, after hitting potholes or whatnot, when the buyer gets them home. You never considered that the woman may have had this happen to her things before.
Some customers are difficult but some customers only seem difficult while being justified in their requests for different service than you are giving them.
You were also wrong in complaining about it to a co-worker on the floor. You do that in the break room or after work, away from customers. That was unprofessional.31
- 1) Two bags of apples do not belong on top of flimsy foam/paper cups or pastries.
2) Discussing a customer in a negative way at the register in front of other customers is rude and unprofessional.
3) "so now she’s going to go complain to my boss" Really? Are you clairvoyant? Not every momentarily annoyed customer is going to complain about something so innocuous. Most people have better things to do with their time.
I don't believe your question is real, wee little troll, but I played anyways. Enjoy.
ETA: I live in Washington state, the apple capital of the world. What in the hell is a "mini apple"?
"I’m the troll, but you’re too scared to show your username." Wow, the user name "John" and a blocked profile is so much different than being anonymous.21
- Heaviest stuff goes on the bottom.01
- Heavy items should go on the bottom of the bag so they don't crush other items. Apples can be heavy.
Some people are just fussy about the way they like things to be done. There could have been a number of things that lead up to her getting upset. If she was getting upset you should have called a manager. If she does complain then you should let your manager know about your side of the story.00
- You assuming it doesn't matter it does. It matters very much how it effect her food. Picky gets the pickle. Grow up or move out of the way.01
- You're someone they can moan at and get away with but McDonald's employees get it worse than anyone just because it's that company.00
- Some people are never happy. Screw them.11
- Which marketing platform is reducing the usage of email marketing?
- What happens if telemarketing gets your number ?
- How to do affiliate marketing?
- Is there anyone making money online? If so, how is your experience so far? What is the most significant challenge you have faced so far?
- Can I get a job as riding on the back of a garbage truck and lifting standard garbage bins to dump into back of garbage truck?
- How do I unsubmit my old navy job application?
- I just applied online for old navy and they asked for my social security number. Do they do that?
- So I work in car sales and there's a couple of things I find questionable.?
- I am 17 and just got my first job but something really strange happened!?
- What's affiliate marketing?