Should I save files to a one drive or my computer?
just got a laptop for school, when I save a document a one drive pops up not sure if I should save them there or just my documents
- save important things to multiple places ..00
- Several of the big corporations that have taken up most of the Internet these days--Microsoft, Google, Apple, etc.--have online storage facilities that they would like you to use. 'Cloud Storage' they call it.
Cloud Storage is convenient mostly because whatever you store there is available everywhere. You can work on a report or e-mail or spreadsheet at home on your desktop and then pull it up on your laptop at school, or at a friend's house on his computer, or at Starbuck's. The speed of upload and downloading is so fast these days that the time it takes is usually not annoying. And it's very safe, so if your house burns down or someone steals your laptop, or even if your HD just dies (which happens!) at least you still have your files.
To me, the worry is that these companies try to hide the fact that if you save something on Cloud Storage, it's NOT on your computer! If you have a file on your HD and you save it to the cloud, Windows ERASES it from your HD! When you first get Windows 10, the first time you go to save a file it says 'Do you want to save this on The Cloud?' and people are not totally aware that the file is now not on their computer at all! I've had customers ask me 'What happened to my file? It was IMPORTANT!'
Also, if you can't get to the Internet for some reason, you can't get to your files!
And, while you get a gigabyte or two or five for free (for now), they all plan to charge for this storage in the future, after people become habituated to using it. And over 5 years or so it might be more expensive than a USB drive.00
- No harm in having an online copy for access through any computer.00
- The right GPU for Fallout 76?
- I really like the Macbook air 2018 but it s too small for me .. any laptop recommendations ?
- 2015 13” MacBook Air won’t turn on or charge?
- Will the Yahoo sports app be downloadable for the Amazon fire tablet? Just got the tablet hoping I could watch the games with it?
- Why is my storage so low?
- What do you do when you get a used laptop but it is administrated by another person. and you have no idea what the administrator password is?
- I ordered a laptop from AO and it was just delivered but now I'm worried that it might have been damaged?
- Is SSD worth it? What are the benefits?
- Is it good to be dump?
- How can I wipe all the files from my laptop without having to reinstall windows?