Okay, so listen here. I am a political scientist, which means that I have a degree in political science. Everyone that has answered on here is answering you with a biased and socialized mindset. I am going to analyze this for you from a completely objective standpoint.
Socialism is not a bad thing, in fact, socialism is a system that people don’t like because it
incites more equality and provides for less freedom to do as one pleases selfishly. By no means is it a bad thing, but when controlled by a government that has a selfish means (such as capitalism) you will find that socialism doesn’t work so well. People have been socialized since WW2 to believe that socialism is bad.
The Obama administration had its hiccups, it was not perfect, but albeit it was a presidency that tried to instill equality through socialist policies in a capitalist world that wouldn’t let them. That is why you think he’s the reason that so many people sided with DT, but truly it’s our society.
Do you believe if it weren't for Obama and his socialist policies trump would never had been elected by a majority of Americans?
- Hillary was likely the only Democratic candidate for President that Trump had any chance of defeating and Trump was likely the only Republican candidate for President that Hillary had any chance of defeating11
- You're wrong....Hilary was elected by the people...Trump won the Electoral votes.00
- No, Ron, I do not believe that.00
- That's not it at all..Trump & the Russians vilified Hillary to the point where many in the eastern part of the U.S. didn't like her. Going as far as saying that a pedophile ring was going on in back of a pizza parlor. Absolute lie, but some idiot went in and shot up the place. Cons are dangerous. Alex Jones followers are sick!10
- It's possible00
- Vash êil00
- Trump was elected because of the left and not necessarily Obama. On one hand, there were some people who were bothered that a black man was President, but they weren't that many to make him President. It was the left with their political correctness and identity politics that really made people vote for Trump. The left used to be liberal, but they no longer are. They don't like freedom of speech and if one goes against their narrative, they will label the person racist or xenophobic or misogynist.00
- No. I believe it was the Republicans turn to occupy the White House for eight years. In 2025 it will be the Democrats turn to occupy the White House for eight years00
- Those of you who accept that the Russian MAFIA and the right-wing voter suppression stole the 2016 election, check out blackboxvoting.org to learn about the GOP (and maybe Russia's) "fractionalized voting" for heavily Democratic districts. The GEMS Election Monitoring System (cited in the article by Bev Harris) has been using a DECIMAL (as one would for dollars and cents) to count the votes in about 24% of our voting districts. Think about this: a DECIMAL in vote counts would mean that would take FOUR VOTES (four quarters) to make ONE VOTE in the count! There were only two states with "winner take all" for getting the electoral college votes that at the last minute on election night gave lifts-wearing (5'10") conman Trump more electoral votes than Hillary. I was listening to VICE News on my car's satellite radio on election day, and Hillary was way ahead in every state but Nevada and one other (Arizona, I think). Turnout was huge, especially among women, Blacks, and Hispanics who were strongly anti-Trump. VICE News was doing EXIT POLLS in each district every one-half hour, and Hillary was winning by a landslide. Suddenly there was a "computer glitch" that took the computers off-line, VICE News CEO said, and when they came back online, Trump had more electoral college votes. I believe there was electronic tampering, and the GEMS Election Monitoring System contracted by GOP-governed states used their decimal-point (undetectable) FRACTIONALIZED VOTING when doing the count.
Trump was not legitimately elected. Hillary really did win hugely if not for the ACTS OF WAR committed by Putin's anti-democracy Russian-MAFIA oligarchy and the domestic terrorism of the right-wing extremists named in the 2017 book by investigator Jane Mayer: "DARK MONEY: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right" (with "radical" meaning domestic terrorists and home-schooled-from-infancy Bible literalist fanatics).
As to your blind attack on "socialism" Anonymous: The U.S. is a Yin-Yang balance between socialism (taxpayer funded, taxpayer owned) and capitalism (privately owned, for-profit), and we function best as a nation when this crucial balance is both protected and strengthened.
However, our miracles working two-term President Barack Obama was brilliant on the economy, as was stated by the economists on Bloomberg News in June 2009 when the wise policies of President Obama had reversed the GOP-caused nearly fatal Great Recession and put our nation back onto a sound fiscal path. If you think the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (P.L.111-148) and its supplemental Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act (P.L.111-152), a.k.a., Obama Care or the Affordable Care Act was "socialist" instead of a balance between capitalism and socialism, you have another think coming. The 1300 for-profit GOP-deregulated greedy-gut corrupt insurers that existed prior to the 2009 passage of the ACA remained for-profit, but only if they followed the reforms of the ACA, like the "80/20% Rule" for example. The 80/20% Rule of Obama Care requires that the insurer has to spend at least 80% of every premium dollar you [the consumers] pay ON YOU for actual medical care or else (and this is the part the GOP-bribing insurance lobbyists hate) the insurer has to REFUND THE DIFFERENCE to you at the end of each year. You get what your hard-earned dollars pay for or you get some of your money back. Seems fair. The insurer can still keep the 20% for profits, so they are still capitalist, but now with oversight and consumer protections (socialism) back in place.
Look how many Americans demonstrated daily against the GOP-controlled Congress and the Trump-occupied White House when they tried to take the Affordable Care Act away...and then try to sell us on the idea that the American people had anything against our nation-saving, recession-reversing, deficit-slashing, borders-securing, bin-Laden-getting, auto-industry-rescuing, jobs-creating (79 consecutive months of private-sector jobs growth---see recovery.gov), miracles working Barack Obama. We love him still.00
- If robots are going to do all the work, who will afford to be the consumers of he massive amount of production?
- Isn't that sad? So many black "rappers" with anti-white beliefs.....and yet, they answer to rich white CEOs?
- How is Communism different from Socialism?
- Will a man with political aspirations ever approach a woman for a date again in fear of future sexual harassment accusations?
- Short of assassination has anyone ever tried as hard to take down a President as the Left is currently doing to Donald Trump?
- The Romans were not White. They were Brown people. Why are White people in denial about this?
- How did trump even win he’s a horrible person?
- Why do all liberal candidates supports the expropriation of private property that comes with socialism?
- Why do liberals hate Trump when he’s better than Obama when he was president?