Yes 18 years old is young to die. Unfortunately, “time and unforeseen occurrences befall us all” states Ecclesiastes 9:11. I have experienced death ranging from 6 months to 94 years old, including my then 21 year old younger sister being killed in a horrible auto/18 wheeler truck accident whereby her car was ultimately engulfed with fire flames, as well as my grandmother being murdered needlessly by a bunch of good-for-nothing thugs! I have also been in a room with 4 of my generations together.
The Bible states that none of us were never meant to die in the first place! In the book of Ecclesiastes, Solomon wrote: “Time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all.”—Ecclesiastes 9:11. So rather, than suggesting that everything in life is determined by fate, Solomon was pointing out that humans cannot accurately predict the outcome of any endeavor “because time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all.” Often, something happens to a person simply because he is in the right place at the right time, or we might say, in the wrong place at the wrong time.
The Bible’s answer
It’s natural to wonder why people die, especially when we lose someone close to us. The Bible says: “The sting producing death is sin.”—1 Corinthians 15:56.
Why do all people sin and die?
The first humans, Adam and Eve, lost their lives because they sinned against God. (Genesis 3:17-19) Death was the only possible outcome of their rebellion against God, for with him is “the source of life.”—Psalm 36:9; Genesis 2:17.
Adam passed on the defect of sin to all his descendants (which includes us living today as well). The Bible says: “Through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned.” (Romans 5:12) All people die because they all sin.—Romans 3:23.
How death will be eliminated
There is hope however to eliminate death forever! God promises a time when “he will actually swallow up death forever.” (Isaiah 25:8) To remove death, he must eliminate its root cause, which is sin. God will do this through Jesus Christ, who “takes away the sin of the world.”—John 1:29; 1 John 1:7.
Revelation 21:4 states “And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
For more information visit www.jw.org.
Is 18 young for a person to die?
- Yeah, I’d say it’s pretty young by all standards00
- Well if you think about it like this, in the United States the leading cause of death is heart related and for anyone to have a heart attack pr any other fatal heart related issues under the age of 45 is very rare, then you come to cancer, cancer does strike younger people but it's more common in older people sat 50+ years of age. So what I'm saying is considering the average age of the most common causes of death are 50+ years, 40 is too young to die let along 18 but it does happen.00
- Much too young00
- No it's a perfect age to die00
- 18 is way below the average age of death.00
- yes because that person is barely an adult00
- No. Death is not dictated by age.00
- not just young.... extremely young....00
- Yes, extremely young!00