Any business advice here?
i am so good in designing cake but i have never opens a cake shop or worked at one either. should i open a cake shop on my own????
- What country are you resident in?00
- You need the experience to be successful in anything you attempt.There are many things you would need to know and understand prior to going into business for yourself
You are able learn and get this information and experience by working in an established bakery. Your job position in this bakery would be based on your experience.
You would not be give the position of head baker or cook without prior experience.
You would need to learn
#2. How to price your final product
#3. Business practices
#4. The necessary city, state and federal permits you would need if any.
$5. How to complete the order forms and delivery methods.
As you are learning your trade, you might want to bake cakes on the side for friends and family to get a feel for how you stack up and your final product is received.
You are able to go directly into business for yourself. however, you would be at a disadvantage.
#1. You have no facility to produce your product.
Working out of your kitchen has professional draw backs. You are not able to display your product to the public.
#2. You have no established client to sell your product.
Your clients would only available to you by word of mouth.
#3. You do not have the proper permits and legal license to produce your final product.
Without the permits and license you could be fined by the city, state or federal government. I did or do not know is not a legal defense in a court of law.
I hope this has been of some benefit to you,good luck.
- Yes, if you can afford it.00
- no. Being good at cake design is only a very small portion of what you need to know and do to successfully operate your own cake shop30
- Go work for a local bakery to see how things are done. Learn what you can.
There is usually a lot of rules that might get you in trouble if you don't know to follow them.
If you feel you can open a shop after that, then go ahead.10
- marketing is very very important. people cant buy if they dont know you're there00
- Give it your all!00
- No work for a cake shop and see what they do and ask questions so when you do open your own store you will be better prepared.00
- work at one first find out how much each of the following cost, ...ovens, cooling racks, refrigerated display cases, fire insurance, food handlers license, signage, menus, phone, cleaning service, packaging, cash register, water bill, pest control, unsold food waste and other cost then decide00
- There's a HUGE difference between focusing on cake decorating and running a business with cake decorating as only a small part of it.
Stick with what you know. Most decorators work FOR a bakery shop or for a caterer.51
- How much hvac company owners make in a day if it’s 24 Hours business???
- Looking for non-degree small business management course?
- My business email is not working?
- Small Job referral line bussiness starting points?
- Do most Ph.D's professionals shop at Whole Foods Market?
- How does someone start an online business in 2019?
- Your advice for my Door-to-Door Sales plan?
- As an artist, what do I do if people think I'm scamming them out of money?
- Is Dropshipping a good work from home job?
- What is the cost of becoming an amway distributor?