How much capacity the ISP has engineered into the network matters a lot more than the name of the ISP. Nobody out here on the Internet can tell you whether Century Link will outperform Xfinity in your apartment.
Ping times always involve a particular server. If you ran your xBox to the same server as your iPhone, you'd get comparable ping times.
If you want to compare Xfinity to Century Link in your apartment building, make friends with a neighbor.
Is ping lower with fiber gigabit internet?
Right now I have an amazing deal through Xfinity that is $50/mo for 250MB/s internet but my apartment was pre-installent with CenturyLink that has fiber 1 gig internet for $80/mo. I consistently get around 260 with Xfinity and haven't had any problems, but my ping is around 50-80 on xbox. Would changing ISPs help or is there a different issue as to why my ping is high on xbox? I know there are multiple variables that affect ping. My computer's ping is about 27 and my iPhone is around 15. Not sure why xbox is so much higher.
- Typically, a higher bandwidth (MB/s) connection will also have a lower latency time (ping). But it's not always the case, because the latency also depends on the ISP's infrastructure behind the scenes. Google "fastest ping isp", and you should be able to get a comparative article that's relevant to you. For example, I found this article for Canada, but you should find one relevant to your location:
- I was wanting to pull up amber nicole flanigan's back page?
- Website that had the quote when There’s No Room in Hell The Dead Will Walk the Earth had odd and lewd links. can’t remember the name.?
- Is contacting someone on YouTube to let them know something is wrong with their video considered "making a business inquiry"?
- Why does twitter make u use 2 names?
- If I'm trolling, can someone find my IP address and find out my location?
- Simple step to use crome as browser ...not firefox?
- What s a cool username for someone whose real name is mohammad?
- How can I connect to the Internet?
- How do you guys feel about Tumblr getting rid of NSFW content?
- What was the early 2000s internet like?