Why do people always use the Crusades as an example of CHRISTIAN terrorism when it also had A LOT to do with the Muslims as well?
If you bring up the crusades as an example of Christian terrorism, I can also bring up the crusades as an example of Muslim terrorism as well since they played just as big of a part in it as the Christians did.
- First: The Muslims didn't invade Christian territory. Second: The First Crusade got in some practice by killing Jews in Europe. Third: The last Crusade stopped off in what was then Constantinople and killed Orthodox Christians.00
- The Middle East has been the site of conflict for many thousands of years, including conflict between Muslims and Christians. Given that much of the Middle east was under Muslim control for over 1000 years you could indeed look upon the Crusaders as the outsiders trying to take over the place, and eventually failing in that endeavour after about 200 years, in spite of all those splendid castles which they built.
In the time of Jesus the "Holy Land", or Palestine, (or several other names over the centuries) was a rather troublesome province of the Roman Empire, and the terrorists at that time were Jewish "Zealots", as you can read in the Bible.
In fact, people asked Jesus if he wanted to help get back to a purely Jewish kingdom in "Israel", but he said that his kingdom was not on this Earth.00
- Compare the Christian conquest of Jerusalem with the Arabic re-conquest. In one of them the streets of Jerusalem ran with blood.00
- Wow u got all da bases covered Cletis
U 2 smrat.00
- This is not terribly accurate. Up until the Seljuk Turks came into prominence around the year 1,000, Christians had free access to Jerusalem, and the right to worship there. Muslims at the time were considerably more tolerant of Jews and Christians than Christians were of Jews, Muslims or pagans. The Turks had a different way of doing things, and reports of violence against Christians were grossly exaggerated. Very grossly exaggerated. Hysterical even.
The Christians didn't have to have such a barbarous reputation for savagery, but they earned it when they took Jerusalem and slaughtered everyone in sight, Christians as well as Jews and Muslims.
Furthermore, Christian crusading branched out to persecute heretics in Europe. The Albigensian Crusade was directed at the heretical population of southern France, a crusade directed against fellow Christians and which devastated huge regions. Christian persecution lasted for so long and was so extensive that it is not inaccurate to say that Christianity is the religion of persecution and bigotry.00
- All is fair in any religion as long as it's done to anyone of a different faith.00
- no, remember ---the spanish inquisition---; it lasted much longer then the crusades, and longer then the moors invasion.
all are an example of man's inhumanity -to-man.00
- HOW ABOUT because the CHRISTIANS TRAVELED TO THE MUSLIM COUNTRIES AND ATTACKED THEM... IT WAS NOT the Muslims traveling to the Christian countries and doing the ATTACKING... THE CHRISTIANS WERE THE INVADERS in other countries...
Like they invaded the AMERICAS and FORCED their religion on the native people there and actually KILLED THOUSANDS ON THE SPOT for not swearing to their JESUS CHRIST as their only GOD...10
- Oh, really? What part did the Muslims have in the sack of Christian Constantinople by Christian Italians during the 4th crusade? You're an ignorant racist fuckbag.00
- The crusades were about opium addicted Europeans invading the middle east(where opium was grown) and taking opium poppy seeds back to Europe so that they could grow their own opium. Religion is just used to cover up that.00
- In Benjamin Franklin’s Autobiography according to Franklin’s observation a person must replace _____ behaviors with _____ behaviors.?
- How did the earth change before people inhabited it?
- What are some economic reasons that Boston Massacre caused the US to rebel?
- In Benjamin Franklin’s Autobiography explain how Franklin underestimates his attempt.?
- Where was I before I was born?
- Why do racist white people say that blacks sold their own people as an excuse to why slavery was right?
- Was Titanic built by drunken British people is that why it sunk?
- Do conservatives still oppose the New Deal?
- Why were Christians banned from reading the bible during the middle ages?
- What was Uranus called before it was discovered?