Can I move out before my apartment lease is up even if I paid for the whole month?
My lease is up August 31st. I am paying for the whole month of August. But can I leave before the lease date is up? Getting out of a bad living situation and I don t think I can stay a whole extra month with my ex.
- Yes. You do not have to live there as long as the rent is paid in full. Just be sure to let your landlord know (in writing) of the date thst you will be out.00
- You can move out anytime you like. You never had to move it. The only thing you had to do was pay the rent you agreed to in your lease.10
- Of course you can.00
- take legal help02
- There is no requirement that you live in a rental unit until the lease expires The lease requires you to pay rent until expiration but does not require your physical presence.20
- of course.00
- No one should be able to hold you hostage. I would leave. If it is the end of the lease and both of you will be leaving at the end- you probably are jointly responsible for how the place is left- so you may be billed for damages. I would still leave.10
- Of course you can. You can do whatever you want. As long as you pay your rent until the end of your lease period and maintain the apartment you don't have to live there the entire time.00
- Yes you can just pay up the remaining balance and clean as you go.00
- How long should an apartment background check actually take?
- What percent of convicted felons reside in Section 8 housing?
- How do I move out of a shared flat and take all my stuff?
- Can I scare management into getting sued if they don't fix it right away?
- My rent is going up and I’ve lived in my apartment 5 years?
- Is this covered under vandalism?
- Does a service dog have to be trained before able to get HUD housing authority?
- One month to create a lease document?
- Security fee for Closing late?
- I can’t find an apartment I can afford that accepts pets?