Should I call CPS on my father?
my siblings and I moved to Colorado with my father after he got out of jail. we moved in with our grandparents (his parents) so they could help him "get back on his feet". that's what was suppose to happen, but it didn't. long story short, my father dropped my two younger siblings and I off and left. he lives with his junkie girlfriend, he doesn't have a job, he doesn't let us use the food card, he's doing heroin, he won't take me to the doctors, to therapy, to anywhere. im 16, and my parents haven't made me any appointments of any kind in YEARS. I still have my old glasses from when I was in elementary and they're broken but it's all I have to use. I need to go to therapy for personal reasons I wont get into, but he wont ******* do it. and now school is starting soon and he won't sign me up for school. my grandparent's hands are tied. they don't have custody of us. they don't have our birth certificates, social security cards, they don't have anything. my dad abandoned me, he abandoned us. he was bad before, but now he's doing heroin and he's even worse. I've tried to avoid cps because I've been involved with them before and it's too much for me, and also because I love my dad. but I just cant take this anymore. im suppose to depend on my parents for things but how can I do that when the only parent in my life is so unreliable. don't ask about my mom, she's out of the picture. sorry this was a mess, I just wanted to ramble.
- Too long02
- I highly agree w some of these answers. There does seem to be a possibility that your grandparents already can gain custody of you. Have the conversation with your grandparents. Make sure you mention all of these possibilities in all these answers, you want all the info and help u can get ur hands on. After that, call the authorities with your grandparents and settle this whole situation. Listen 2 these answers, they seem to know what they talk about.
Good luck, i wish you the best in life.00
- Do not call CPS. Nearly all CPS workers are pedophiles00
- Yes you should and just keep living with your grandparents20
- Assuming all you have stated is true, yes, you should. Your grandparents can also make a motion for custody.20
- Join a commune in California.01
- You can get your own birth certificate and ss card.
Sign up for school.
Your grandparents are your caretakers at the moment.
Use their address for local school.10
- Yeah definitely20
- Is my mom being a bad mom or am I just being sensitive?
- My fights with my mom are becoming worse due to her completely unpredictable mental state.If I call CPS,will they separate me from my mom?
- I live in a toxic home where my mother is abusive towards my dad and my dad is abusive towards me. How do I change this?
- What to do about my parents?
- I have nightmares about my father in 9/11/01?
- Why do people always say "Don't get involved with a married guy." What's wrong with it, if it's true love?
- What can I do to make 3 years go by fast?
- Why is family suddenly poor ?
- What is my half brother's kid to me?
- If my half brother has a cousin, and his cousin has a kid, what is that kid to me?