1 - engineer
1 - conductor
There may be a trainee on board but mostly it's a 2 man crew in the cab.
NOTE - most engine cabs only have 3 chairs and there MUST be a chair for every person in the cab.
How many personnel (like engineers) are there in the cab of a long distance Amtrak passenger train?
- Two. They operate the train over a limited distance, about 150 miles, Then a crew change takes it to the next point. The original crew will return to their home station driving another train back.11
- Normally, one.
Two if they are training someone. And sometimes one of the conductors goes in to chat or to bring the engineer food. But it's usually just one.01
- Two normally are in there, but more can be in there in certain special circumstances.20
- Usually two.00
- Just the driver. The conductor does not and never has ride in the engine. The driver does his shift and then the driver is changed.00
- Purchasing MTA railroad tickets. Newyork.?
- Train tickets?
- Why are Britain's rail services considered so bad?
- Why are steam locomotives what everyone thinks of when they think of a train, even long after being replaced with diesels and electrics?
- What do I do while I’m waiting for my train in the train station (Canada)?
- Just got a job offer as conductor trainee. The 6 week program Kansas City southern railroad. What’s the schedule like for a conductor?
- What are conventional lines in terms of rail and do they only relate to high speed rail? Doing assignment work relating to rail.?