Power pitchers or finesse pitchers?
Which do you prefer on your team?
- When I was in my early 20's I made it onto a AAA team Pitching...I guess I was more finesse cuz my fastball was a pretty consistant mid to upper 80's...But I had a GREAT curve, a decent slider & change up, couldnt throw a knuckle if my life depended on it..But unless your throwin 100 or better, sooner or later they're gonna figure you out....It just depends on the hitters...Some guys would clobber me, no matter what I threw at them..Others never did hit on me...But in Colorado, thin air, and altitude...Its tuff on any pitcher...But on a very hot day, if it rained, and was humid, my junk would REALLY work well...Hot and dry...nothin...The only thing that saved my *** was I had a GREAT Catcher...I only lasted 3 seasons and was gone10
- If only had to choose one -- finesse.10
- Gotta have both. Power pitching is great, but if you can't throw strikes, or fool the batter, I'd rather have someone who throws 10 MPH slower but hits his spots consistently.10
- Finesse pitchers tend to have longer careers and less injuries.10
- With players swinging for the fences these days, finesse pitchers rack up as many Ks as power pitchers, plus they walk fewer batters and are less prone to injury.
Throwing 100 MPH gets everyone's attention but I'd rather have a reliable pitchers who wins games.10
- Finesse pitchers10
- Finesse pitching over power pitching. Part of the finesse factor is smarts, and that will take you a long way on the mound. Not saying power pitchers aren't smart, but a finesse pitcher almost has to be.10
- Finesse and diverse pitchers for starters with optional pitches on power.
Closing pitchers power nearly all the time00
- I'd like both but, if I could only pick one I rather have power pitchers.00
- A combination of both00
- What kind of beer did Mark Beurhle drink in game 3 of the 2005 World Series?
- Do you like these moves?
- Does the Cubs fans singing parody of Stevie Wonder's "Isn't She Lovely" for "Aren't the Cubs fans nut?" during the 2016 World Series parade?
- Ox Baker who was Ox Baker?
- Did you ever get hit in the head with a baseball?
- Do You Agree that Harold Baines Belongs in the Baseball Hall of Fame?
- Yet another off season has come and gone and yet the Cardinals have failed yet one more time to bring back the greatest player of all time?
- Why do orphans suck at baseball?
- Should The Oakland A's Do Fireworks For Homeruns in their new ballpark?
- What if baseball used a computer to call balls and strikes instead?