Why are there such a double standards among atheists?
They dismiss the idea of a conscious creator because it can't be scientifically verified (but it is validated by philosophy, logic, and reasoning). Yet, they will eagerly accept and embrace the concept of life existing on other planets even though it hasn't been scientifically verified. They will accept the concept of multiverses even though it has not been verified. They will accept the concept of abiogenesis even though it has never been replicated, demonstrated in a lab, or scientifically verified. They hold the concept of God to a different standard, and they are very hypocritical. Is this the rebellious nature the Bible mentions?
- "eagerly accept and embrace the concept of life existing on other planets" - yes, atheists accept that various concepts are possible, but not one atheist thinks life on other planets actually exists.00
- How come YOU don't have the guts to post under your real avatar and pseudonym?10
- Because atheists have not God's standards.13
- your question is not valid for several reasons -- good try though
YES there are no facts and this is nonsense (but it is validated by philosophy, logic, and reasoning) the very fact Christians use the word FAITH dimmises that statement -- do you have faith in god or fact of god?
leading to the next point how often a group of christians dismiss the other group "as not real christians" because of doctrine difference IE: trinity or not trinity , the book of Mormon, Jehovah Witness all sort of condemn the other. While I understand that I cannot respect it.
but apply the same reasoning you use... ATHEIST are not all the type you describe..
Anti-christians are basically often ex-christian fighting the demon put there by browe beating of faith pushers and their mom and dad's faith
Real atheist also do not believe all you said as in other life on other planets PROVE IT just as you need to prove god exist. You fight windmills.
if you want speculate not demand it is fact both space people and god (same thing) myths so far
believing in space aliens and god are both based on word of people not confirmed - your assigning that to Atheist when not believing god exist has nothing to do with space people.
pondering a possibility is not the same as absolute faith
But there is a problem you refuse to acknowledge that makes you lump everyone who is not of your church and particular faith
you fight for the most part with anti christians not atheist ,, atheist do not believe and do not care,, those here on yahoo who you see as the model of atheist are not... they are angry as you are.
I will excuse them as well you and many of them both would use the power of government to force tax and fund their way on the other .... atheist demand bakers make a cake for a homosexuals and Christians demand government courts post with taxpayer money the ten commandments -- you are one in the same -- prolife and prochoice people one in the same etc
leave others alone and if they ask ,, you can help them to your faith --- if they do not ask leave them alone
ME I am so let down by christians who refuse to answer bible question ,, I give up asking and I mean explain John 3:16 for example
people ask questions and we are told to shut up and listen to the pre programming speech -- we have no time for basic verse questions that make us uncomfortable because we cannot answer them as you asked41
- To the contrary, my logic and reasoning neither validate nor justify belief in any god. And philosophy has no bearing on the matter.
So far, I don't believe in creationism, extraterrestrial life, or multiverse hypotheses for the same reason: insufficient evidence. I do accept the sufficient evidence that abiogenesis occurred. That's a single standard.
Incidentally, atheism has no position on extraterrestrial life, a multiverse, or abiogenesis. It's only a nonbelief in deities. Nothing else.00
- Cite your source.
Name an atheist that accepts that life DOES exist on other planets, and does not just accept the statistical possibility.20
- If there is life on Earth this could be on other planets as well;. The possibility is verified by the fact of life on this planet. There is no such possibility as regards Creator or God. .00
- A philosophy does not mean anything - you can have a philosophy of not believing in eating food, but you won't last long.00
- Rebellious nature reffered to in the bible is from people who believe there is God, but rebel against him. Not atheists01
- "They dismiss the idea of a conscious creator because it can't be scientifically verified (but it is validated by philosophy, logic, and reasoning)."
No, it is not. Neither logic nor reasoning from solid premises will lead you to a belief in God. Philosophers chase their tails with logic so much that I'm surprised you would bother to acknowledge them
"Yet, they will eagerly accept and embrace the concept of life existing on other planets even though it hasn't been scientifically verified."
The difference is that life on other planets doesn't require a belief in magic or miracles.
"They will accept the concept of multiverses even though it has not been verified."
I have seen recent articles that suggest that partial proof has been found for the existence of multiple dimensions (which is part of any multiverse theory).
They will accept the concept of abiogenesis even though it has never been replicated, demonstrated in a lab, or scientifically verified."
We accept the concept but merely claim it as a theory that has yet to be proved by demonstration. It also makes more sense than some sky daddy waving his hands around and saying "Fiat lux."
"They hold the concept of God to a different standard, and they are very hypocritical."
Actually, that is a false statement. We hold God to the same standards as all of those other things you named. We seek proof and without that proof, all you have is a theory. But we CAN assign probabilities in many cases, and the existence of God with the properties described in the Bible is a LOT harder to accept than the existence of a multiverse. I don't need magic to have a multiverse.
"Is this the rebellious nature the Bible mentions?"
If we rebel against religion, it is against the blindness of those who won't see that there is nothing to be seen.00
- When did Gautama Buddha found Buddhism?
- Does Fireball really know the truth?
- Is bath salt invented by a witch?
- Would it be okay to pro-lifers if we started making babies in test tubes?
- What's the point of atheism?
- If faith is belief without evidence, then why do people dispute this when it comes to the presence of God? Ex: Why do they try to prove?
- Doeas God care about us as individuals?
- What if it turns out Islam is true? What will you do then?
- Christians, if being gay is such a sin then why did the all knowing and powerful God write it out of our neurology ?
- Why do Christians want so desperately to disregard the Old Testament?