I lost my job and am losing my mind?
I’m 20 years old and have no money in my bank account. I was just fired from my job and can’t pay my rent, can’t afford to eat, and I’m now $3000 in debt. My car will probably be repossessed in the next month. My rent is paid for this month but I put it on a credit card and obviously can’t afford to pay the credit card. I feel depressed too and like I am stuck in a rut. I’ve never been a depressed person until now. So I’ll probably end up homeless until I find another job and no my parents will not help me out. Has anyone else struggled like I have? How do I survive without food and shelter?
- I can’t believe half the answers some people are just idiots. You need to call 211 which is local assistance. They can help. IN the meantime don’t give up I was in the same situation, I lost my job. I kept applying to jobs even if it was just minimum wage. You can also make a go fund me page. You’ll be surprised how people from all over the world care and have hearts. Gold luck and please update on your situation.30
- Call 511 from any phone. It will connect you to your local United way. They have tons of resources for those down on their luck10
- You have a place to stay for tbe moment. So first you need to solve the food problem. Any charitable organization that feeds homeless people will also feed you. Call United Way and ask them where you can go for a free meal today, or tomorrow if too late today. Tell them your situation and ask how they can help you with job placement, and maybe help with rent assistance. It doesn't hurt to ask. United Way is who can connect you to whatever programs in your area fit your situation. In many communities you can reach them by dialing 2-1-1.
I wish better times for you sooner rather than later. I think you will feel better when you have food in your stomach.
Edit: oh, I thought of something else. Consider closing your bank account immediately if you truly have no money in it. If you accidentally get a balance below zero, they will hit you with fees like you will not believe. More than $25 per day in fees, some banks. Don't chance it. Banks are evil to broke people. Close that account.30
- I was going to college and having a little side job on the weekends as a hospital receptionist. It was the perfect thing going for me, but I also wasn't managing my money well. As soon as I got my check, I'd spend it like crazy. All of the sudden, the hospital was doing cuts, and I and the other weekend and night receptionists were cut out. I felt destroyed, very depressed, and I nearly went crazy. It's so crazy how jobs make us feel about our self worth. Without it, we feel like we're nothing.
So, as a result, the students loans I WAS saving in my account, had to be used. I also had a $1000 to $2000 surgery procedure I had to pay. I had about 6 years more worth of tuition, which Now I'm paying the price of $64,000 in debt. I'm paying that little by little with each check. I know you're scared, man. Losing a job is REALLY horrifying because we live in a cruel world where if you don't work, you can't take care of yourself. Look into a local church and ask them if they can help. File for unemployment as well. Plus, if there is ANYBODY in your life that cares about you, like a friend, coworker, or even family other than your parents, ask them. You never know how giving people can be if you don't ask.00
- Job lost is a usual matter. So you can't losing your mind.00
- call 211 for assistance.00
- you could sell your weed00
- For those who are concerned about being homeless, this website may have a local homeless shelter and/or related resources, such as the local food bank and/or soup kitchen:
Please know that you're NOT alone. There are so many people who are struggling to obtain a job or keep their current job position.
Seriously, if anyone is feeling suicidal, here is a toll-free 24/7 helpline:
The local Career One Stop center (which is supposed to be sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor) should have more info re: the 'young adult" (worker), 'laid-off worker" or such.10
- Apply for welfare00
- Should I wait for my unemployment benefits?
- The item is 29 pounds & shipping is 20 pounds, what is that individually in USD?
- What to do with money at age 22?
- No friends and wasting my summer time?
- Should I use my existing savings to pay off my loan, or just continue saving?
- What does a grocery stalker earn?
- I’m 18 year old male with a little over 1000 dollars what should I get?
- What to do with money at age 22?
- My mom and takes my money when I get paid. What should I do?
- Help My Wife is Taking all my Money?