How do you cope with family members supporting the POTUS and watching FOX?
My parents watch FOX and voted for Trump. I have struggled with this immensely. His biggotted, racist, sexist, and ignorant comments and actions are abhorrent. I don t think my parents hear any of his comments on FOX or they are just painting over. All news is fake news to them aside for FOX. I live a few miles away from my parents but since the election, I rarely see them. When I visit FOX "News" is always on. How do you cope? They are no longer the parents I grew up with.
- I don't think there's anything you can do but wait. I think Trump's fate will be like Mussolini's. They hung him after seeing it was all a failure. At first they thought he was the greatest ever. I doubt if Trump will be hung, but give it a few more years and few will admit to having supported Trump.10
- Pray for help and guidance and understanding.
Read James chapter 1,4.
"MEM. O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.
Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.
I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.
I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts.
I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word.
I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me.
How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way."- Psalms chapter 119 verses 97 to 104.
Believe in Jesus Christ and you shall have everlasting life! Jesus loves you! Get a king james bible and believe.
- Fortunately they are not telling you who you MUST vote for....that is FREEDOM. They are allowed to vote for who they believe, and you vote for what you believe. I never talk politics with my parents or siblings. It is a personal thing.00
- I heard your opinion every day for 580 days on CNN.00
- Easy! I found that the older I got...the smarter my parents were.00
- seems you have been brainwashed.....00
- I don’t have that problem.10
- learn to live with it.00
- Voting for and supporting someone should always be an individual decision. That is why voting is secret. Family members should not tell each other who they vote for. Each person should use their vote wisely, having studied all the arguments and reasoning but then keep their own decision to themselves. Families sometimes end up not speaking to each other because one individual decided to go against 'what the family has always done'. They should not do that. We no longer live in times when even adults had to bow to the decisions of the oldest man in the family. Cast your vote and tell no-one of your choice.10
- You laugh at them and feel pity like you do anyone else who does?00
- Usually, you can't change your parents that much. Many of us, from all kinds of different political and religious groups, try to change our parents, but I can say from experience that it often is impossible, though not always. Where it is possible to change your parents, it takes a lot of time and hard work, and many times it's painful.
Face it: however brain dead they may seem to you, your mother remembers the pain of giving birth to you after 9 months of pregnancy. Your mom and your dad helped you through potty training, kept you fed and safe while you were reaching adulthood, put up with you when you were going through the pains of puberty, and probably cared for you at times when you were sick, sad, angry, frightened, etc.
They're going to remember all of this while you're talking to them about politics. Probably they're going to write off whatever you say because they think they know better and because they think you "owe them" from raising you. Probably they still think of you as a child who doesn't know much and who needs their "superior" wisdom. And I can say from experience it's really hard to change that -- no matter how old and smart and successful you may get. In their minds, you're still their little kid.
I totally agree with you that Trump and the GOP are awful, if that's what you truly believe and you're not just a pro-trump Troll trying to fool us. But I'd give up trying to change your parents, if I were you.
Just keep quiet and be as polite to them as you can be, hold fast to what you have found to be moral & true, and realize that when you're out of their house, you'll have the freedom of say and think whatever you want. You can love them and be grateful to them for all they've done, and still think they're wrong about politics. And that's okay. Whether or not they ever accept your ideas about the subject.
-- democratic socialist for bernie sanders' ideas going forward20
- Do you think JFK Jr. looks like Ted Bundy?
- Does Trump still think that the Earth is flat?
- Did Donald Trump party in Russia during the Olympics?
- Is it possible to run a capitalist nation as a dictatorship?
- How do you feel knowing that the President of the United States lied when he took his Oath of Office?
- Trump paid a Playboy playmate to keep quiet about an affair while he was on the campaign trail. How can cons keep defending him?
- Why do libs call Trump worthless with a four percent GDP Growth Rate BEST IN DECADES! Possible peace in Korea! ISIS, term rarely used?
- Today, Trump called the media "the enemy of the people". Who are some other leaders who have said that in the past?
- I am a black man going to deposit a check of $57,825 into my bank account. Will bank call police and report me due to racial profiling?
- Do Democrats even know how to spell USA?