Can I go to jail if I get caught doing this?
I work at a Amazon warehouse and every once in a while I like to clock in, go home, and then later come back in towards the end of my shift and clock out and get paid for my hours. The warehouse is pretty big and everyone is always busy and anyone could be anywhere at any time so they don’t really have the time to keep track of everyone. Sometimes I even go on break for like 3 hours and management doesn’t even notice or they probably just don’t care. But if I got caught, can I face any legal penalties for like theft or some stupid shít like that? I just really don’t like working sometimes but I do need the money.
- If they don't miss you then they don't really need you. Just more proof of people being employed for no real reason.00
- Legally, you might be charged, but my guess is that you would be fired and carry a very bad reference, so you couldn't use them for prior experience, ever. Your issues go far beyond whether you could get charged with a crime, you need to ...well, become a person with a conscience, a sense of responsibility, ethics, honesty, and more. Do know that unless you are heir to a massive fortune, or marry a rich person, no one is going to support you and you will need to find a way to earn your keep throughout your life. Here's hoping you find something you are willing to do toward that end.10
- Troll harder20
- I hope you get fired00
- I work at Amazon and I know what you're saying is impossible. Nice try.41
- fired for sure00
- Not possible to do that without getting casught
But even if you were telling the truth no jail just fired plus if they proved it was long term behaviour you could be sued for all back pay erroneously paid00
- They'll just get rid of you and make sure any future employers know why you were canned (which is called "stealing from the company") What employer hires a thief?00
- How can I prove people are participating in identity fraud? How can I prove law enforcement condoned it?
- Someone keeps stealing my clothes and trying to justify an event that occurred in 1994 as the reason, can I have them institutionalized?
- Will a background check show everything including criminal history?
- Are you liable for your spouse debt in california? Esp. When your not even in the US during that time and you dont have ssn.?
- If all laws were suspended for a day, what would you do?
- Can we sue the cruise line?
- Can a judge order a warrant out for your arrest, if they have absolutely no way of contacting you? Ex. address, phone number, etc.?
- Are you happy that they now require drug tests for government benefits?
- Is it okay to pay younger employees less than the advertised solely because of age?
- How exactly do I have "Freedom of Speech" if I get arrested for calling a black person the N word?