Is it impolite to order a drink if your date is running late?
You both are traveling from different cities to meet for a late night drink. If one person arrives earlier, do you order a drink and start drinking? Or do you wait in the car or at the bar?
- It's perfectly acceptable to go in, tell the person who seats you that someone will be looking for you but they're running late, and order a drink. Sip it slowly and make it last. It's definitely impolite to be kind of drunk when they arrive, no matter how late they are.20
- My friends and I meet for dinner every Friday night. We always meet after work, 6:30, and we take turns picking the restaurant. One of our number is always late. She's a manager, works very hard, and she uses this as an excuse. It's not always work that makes her late, but she has it in her head that since she has a high-level job and sometimes has to stay late or take work home, it doesn't matter that she's late and we should all wait for her.
We finally made a rule that if she's more than 15 minutes late we'll order without her. Of course this rule goes for any of us.
Now this is a rule forced by constant abuse. If it was only one time, and she was late, nobody would have minded that much.
If you're meeting a date for the first time, or he/she is coming from a long way away and might not be familiar with the neighborhood, you have more of a reason to be patient and wait. If you've had many of these kind of dates with this person and he/she is late most of the time, then yes, I'd go inside and order a drink.20
- Order a drink. Its impolite if you are early and order a drink but not if they are late.00
- I'd get drinks and maybe a snack if they're going to be a while.00
- Do you want to smell like alcohol when they arrive?01
- I would get stuck in and have a few pints while waiting.00
- Nope. It is expected.00
- No it's common, and settles your nerves.00
- No not really00
- Ordering a drink is fine. Just wait to order and food. They are impolite ones for being late!20
- Can I smoke a 53 year old pack of smokes?
- Is alcohol a drug?
- I had blue wkd last night that tasted of coffee it was a disgusting after taste of coffee anyone know why?
- Has any one one heard of Asgard employee super?? and if so would you recommend them. or stick with industry super?
- If I drink every weekend will I get cirrhosis?
- Today is National Beer Lover's Day. What is your favorite beer?
- Cork fragment found in Absinthe, safe to drink?
- Do you eat while you drink alcohol, or do you do them separately?
- Alternatives for wine in chicken and carbonara?
- Where did I put my beer?