My girlfriend doesn’t want to cook?
I been living with my girlfriend for about 8 months now and she won’t cook anything for herself. I usually have to come home to cook for her or by take out after work. She refuses to cook on the stove because she’s uncomfortable using it. I don’t mind that I have to cook I can increase my skill that way. At times however i don’t have enough time or money on hand to feed her till after work in which case is super late that’s when she tells me it’s her fault that she not eating. I don’t know what to do
- Steamed vegetables aren't difficult. Besides, she can't eat canned goods or carry-out all the time!10
- Maybe she had over-protective parents who would not let her use a stove, or boil water. I knew a woman like this, who was afraid to do either when she was 40. Talk to her about why she won't cook, and ask her what she would do if you have children? How would she cope when they need solid food. (If she needs to or chooses to bottle-feed, there are ready to feed formulas, as well as the powder type you mix with boiled water.) Would she be prepared to be the bread-winner so you could be a Stay at home dad? Also point out that she might outlive you , but be too young to move into a care-home.
If she refuses to talk to you, don't push it. Just wait until the next day, and see if she cooks, or says she is hungry when you get home.
If you end up cooking again, don't do it the next day. Eat your main meal at work. When you get home hand her the instruction book for the cooker, and a cookery book. Or if you have tv dinners, tell her to read the instructions. Don't take her out for a meal. If she wants to eat out, then she can go alone and pay for herself.30
- Cook big batches at a time, then divide them into individual meals for the freezer. She can use a microwave, can’t she?
OR you can get her to help you cook until she gets comfortable with cooking.20
- There are many women who do not like to cook, so they don't have to. There isn't a woman in my family that cooks.20
- Talk to her about this problem and ask if she could at least cut up the ingredients for you00
- Then don't cook for her. Feed her pet food from a can.00
- Just leave her alone.00
- How about some compassion and teach her how to cook or enroll her in a "how to boil water" class at your local community college.....31
- Leave some groceries in the house and let her eat a sandwich and potato chips or have
some milk and cereal. Eventually she'll get hungry and eat. You'd better not ever have children
with her if she is not capable of taking care of them. You are in no way at fault and my feeling
is she doesn't seem to want to learn or take care of herself. I would not enable or encourage
that type of behavior. You should praise and encourage any initiative she makes toward
- She must be american or canadian. They expect to be taken out for dinner forever. Get out now while you still can and find a nice foreign girl who knows how to cook.00
- Is it normal to here voices as im about to fall sleep? Like I ll be almost asleep and then I ll hear a voice.?
- I have a doctors appointment today but...?
- URGENT: Brother accepting reality, what is your secret of depression resistant brain?
- I've had 80(ish)depressive episodes in 3 years, it started when I was 20, the episodes happen every 3/4 weeks very time specific,why is this?
- I hate my life?
- I really want to kill myself and am planning on it?
- My mother just got hit by a drunk uninsured driver and only has liability.?
- Why do I generally dont care about people?
- I don’t fit in anywhere or with anyone, what’s the point of living?
- Which one are you closer to being - exotic or neurotic?