Simply put it would no longer would be anaerobic.
See this site for a more detailed answer: https://www.khanacademy.org/science/biol...
Ever wonder how yeast ferment barley malt into beer? Or how your muscles keep working when you're exercising so hard that they're very low on oxygen?
Both of these processes can happen thanks to alternative glucose breakdown pathways that occur when normal, oxygen-using (aerobic) cellular respiration is not possible—that is, when oxygen isn't around to act as an acceptor at the end of the electron transport chain. These fermentation pathways consist of glycolysis with some extra reactions tacked on at the end. In yeast, the extra reactions make alcohol, while in your muscles, they make lactic acid.
Why is it important that air doesnt enter a solution of yeast cells undergoing anaerobic respiration?
- Anaerobic means in the absence of oxygen. If you want to look at how yeast behave in anaerobic conditions there must be no oxygen present. By volume dry air contains 20.95% oxygen. Consequently, introducing air will introduce oxygen and the yeast will switch from anaerobic to aerobic respiration and your experiment will be ruined.10
- Air has 20% oxygen. Anaerobic respiration requires oxygen to be absent. When oxygen is absent the yeast produces alcohol. When oxygen is present, the yeast produces carbon dioxide and water instead.00
- Because if air is present it is not anaerobic.10
- They will rely on aerobic respiration if you provide oxygen. End up making acid and gas rather than an alcohol.10
- Why did Freddie Mercury get radiation therapy?
- What is fast twitch muscle fibers and how does it relate to being super powerful physically as a person?
- Biochemistry help?
- If you hit your head why might this cause permanent blindness if the optic nerve is protected by the skull and skin?
- If evolution is true, then how come a cat can't turn into a dog?
- If God Made Us From monkeys, HOW ARE THERE STILL MONKEYS?
- Why do men grow old?
- Do you accept the theory of evolution?
- Why did charles darwin use so many logical fallacies when "proving" evolution?
- Why do atheists believe in evolution when it's just a THEORY?