Simply put it would no longer would be anaerobic.
See this site for a more detailed answer: https://www.khanacademy.org/science/biol...
Ever wonder how yeast ferment barley malt into beer? Or how your muscles keep working when you're exercising so hard that they're very low on oxygen?
Both of these processes can happen thanks to alternative glucose breakdown pathways that occur when normal, oxygen-using (aerobic) cellular respiration is not possible—that is, when oxygen isn't around to act as an acceptor at the end of the electron transport chain. These fermentation pathways consist of glycolysis with some extra reactions tacked on at the end. In yeast, the extra reactions make alcohol, while in your muscles, they make lactic acid.
Why is it important that air doesnt enter a solution of yeast cells undergoing anaerobic respiration?
- Anaerobic means in the absence of oxygen. If you want to look at how yeast behave in anaerobic conditions there must be no oxygen present. By volume dry air contains 20.95% oxygen. Consequently, introducing air will introduce oxygen and the yeast will switch from anaerobic to aerobic respiration and your experiment will be ruined.10
- Air has 20% oxygen. Anaerobic respiration requires oxygen to be absent. When oxygen is absent the yeast produces alcohol. When oxygen is present, the yeast produces carbon dioxide and water instead.00
- Because if air is present it is not anaerobic.10
- They will rely on aerobic respiration if you provide oxygen. End up making acid and gas rather than an alcohol.10
- What does it mean if Respiratory Rate Control (RCR) or P:O is equal to 1? Is ATP synthesis more or less coupled to electron transport?
- In the processes of pesticide biomagnification and bioaccumulation impacting a food chain?
- Why did god give women a nature wound?
- Biology: Endergonic or Exergonic?
- How Species can have Common Ancestor,while MonkeyHuman Chimpunjee never had sex in13,7B years,Gender male/female is proof Evolution is False?
- Is the idea of being "more evolved" a misunderstanding of evolution itself?
- Is the fossil record around the world consistent with evolution?
- Spiritually speaking: Why is it ingrained in people to make babies and continue their bloodline, what drives our sex drives?
- Evolution believers, Why is there physical/ sexual pleasure? Pain is explainable, but why is physical /sexual pleasure a thing?
- Do meerkats breastfeed?