Should there be a special Memorial Day for murdered black teenager Stephen Lawrence?
Murdered in London 25 years ago this week.
- No. They changed the law to nail his killers already.11
- Anyone who wishes to remember Lawrence on the anniversary of his murder should be free to do so at any memorial gathering they see fit. It's not an occasion I've marked in the past, nor will do in the future.
"Stephen Lawrence Day" is an empty suggestion from a racist prime minister to try to convince Britons of Caribbean ancestry that she cares about her government illegally deporting them. They won't be fooled by her hypocrisy.32
- Only if there's also a special Memorial Day for each of the Islamic terrorist attacks we've had, and if there's also a special Memorial Day for Lee Rigby, Kriss Donald, Ross Parker, and Laura Wilson.
And, of course, the Rotherham and Telford abuse scandals with their 2,500 victims.62
- I think there should be a statue at least. The 'fourth plinth' in Trafalgar Square has been empty for a long time, I suggest we put a statue of the the 'unknown bent copper' on it, with the inscription 'lest we forget'.25
- No - if there was one for him then the same would have to be done for EVERY murder victim EVER.30
- No, hundreds of whites have been killed by brown people in UK since he died20
- No. I find this decision very OTT.01
- No, it's a ridiculous idea, unless you have one for every person who happened to die in an unfortunate way.
I loathe tokenism.63
- Why do BBC weather keep saying its going to be colder and it doesn't happen?
- Why is Mullin asking more inane questions?
- Does the IRA want another war!?
- Would you be pleased of all the relevant Britons elevated to hardcore mental state (like yours truly)?
- Are elderly brexiters deliberately destroying UK for younger generation because they dont get the repect they feel entitled to?
- Are the MAGA kids heroes for peacefully standing their ground against racist Protestors?
- If Pelosi truly believes Trump is “holding people hostage”, why does she refuse to negotiate and end the situation?
- Nigel farage is thinking of running again as an MEP I thought he hated the EU, why's he want to rejoin it?
- Simple yes or no: Can Pelosi and the dems end this shutdown, today -- AND TAKE CREDIT for reopening the govt -- by budging on the barrier?
- How should the goverment shutdown be resolved?