Smoke detector squeeking?
All of a sudden me and my family's smoke detector started squeeking what should I do? I'm not gonna be able to sleep with it squeeking and I have school in the morning
- It means the battery is low. Change it out.10
- Change the battery.10
- Treat it to a new battery.30
- Is it battery powered? They usually will sound off when the battery needs to be replaced.10
- low battery20
- Means the battery is LOW on power. Still enough to let you know it is low, SO, all you can do at night is pull the battery so it shuts up. Replace with a new battery and it will be quiet. again.10
- Check ansul system01
- It probably either means the battery is low (in those with replaceable batteries) or that the unit is "expired", as in: you need to replace the whole thing. Smoke alarms and CO alarms do wear out (with natural degradation as well as environmental contamination over time). National fire codes in the USA require replacement no less than every 10 years for residential smoke alarms, or even more frequently if they are combination CO alarms. A periodic beep usually signals low battery, meaning it still works but may soon run low enough to create the hazard of not going off when necessary. Of course, if it is also "hardwired" to the house power system, it would still function as long as there is power, but the battery backup would (silently) fail to provide safety during any power outages.10
- How to keep the ants away?
- Can you use a smoke screen inside the house without it setting off the alarm systems?
- Do you have to be certified to install a fire alarm system in PA?
- If a house centipede passes through my food, is it safe to eat?
- The title company underestimated the fee for filing the deed by $2000. Who pays?
- How do you get ants out of your bed?
- Very small ants in the kitchen seem to go for the dishwasher. Anything I can do to be rid of them?
- What is the use of the handrail if you just have 2 steps in the stairs?
- Why does the room smell when a resident comes back home?
- Wierd question bur does tile or hardwood attract more spiders, creatures than carpet?