Smoke detector squeeking?
All of a sudden me and my family's smoke detector started squeeking what should I do? I'm not gonna be able to sleep with it squeeking and I have school in the morning
- It means the battery is low. Change it out.10
- Change the battery.10
- Treat it to a new battery.30
- Is it battery powered? They usually will sound off when the battery needs to be replaced.10
- low battery20
- Check ansul system01
- It probably either means the battery is low (in those with replaceable batteries) or that the unit is "expired", as in: you need to replace the whole thing. Smoke alarms and CO alarms do wear out (with natural degradation as well as environmental contamination over time). National fire codes in the USA require replacement no less than every 10 years for residential smoke alarms, or even more frequently if they are combination CO alarms. A periodic beep usually signals low battery, meaning it still works but may soon run low enough to create the hazard of not going off when necessary. Of course, if it is also "hardwired" to the house power system, it would still function as long as there is power, but the battery backup would (silently) fail to provide safety during any power outages.10
- 1910 Franklin sewing machine and built in table,owners manual and needles. All original electric?
- A pest control called, do they really come or was it just a prank?
- People using space heaters, how high is your power bill?
- Alarm system?
- How to get rust out of a refrigerator?
- Why is there a tapping noise in my bedroom at night?
- How would you shovel snow if it was predicted to be over 12 inches deep and didn't have a snow blower?
- Alarm system?
- Does anyone here kill spiders and other bugs? If so, do you have any ways of justifying it?...?
- What is the difference between a 'couch' and a 'sofa'?