How are doctors in the military able to pick up and move when they are assigned to a different base?
How are military doctors able to pick up and move to a different base when they are assigned to? Are they given days to get a house; if so how many? Are they given days to move in: how many?
- they move the same as other service members move. orders to new duty stations are given far in advance21
- Yes, you get extra leave for finding a house, it's like 5 days.00
- In the USAF you get orders well ahead of time so you know where you are going. You get a seven day TDY so you can go there ahead of time and find a house or apartment. You are given 3-4 days to pack up and get your stuff picked up. You get one day travel time for every 350 miles that you have to drive. You get one day for delivery of your goods, perhaps another day for unpacking. You can of course take leave if you want more days. This is the same system as everyone else so it really does not matter if you are a doctor or not.22
- Pack up and move like any other military person.
There is no special treatment.42
- the exact same way everyone else in the military moves from one base to another21
- Exactly the same way everyone else in the military from E1s to O10s do40
- Why would you think that PCSing is different for doctors than for every other job in the military?
You get your assignment notification, which for most people is months out from your report date. During that time, you put your house on the market (if you own one) or give notice to your landlord and start working on your outprocessing checklist. The military allows up to 10 days of permissive TDY (non-chargeable leave) for househunting, which you can either do before you move or right after you get there. The days the movers come to pack up your stuff and deliver it are considered duty days and your place of duty for those days is at your house watching them. The same goes for outprocessing and inprocessing appointments--you are supposed to go to them, therefore you are allowed to go to them.20
- Does your dd214 have your EAWS on it?
- Can I hide unspecified asthma from the military?
- Does the 15r mos qualify For the combat medical badge if the 15r in question identifies as an Attack Helicopter?
- Does anybody know the 2 word code to take the pre-Asvab practice test?
- I need challenge-will Ninefinger ever get another Level7 account to try to move my questions? Or he's been so defeated that he lost his will?
- Do you remember where you were when Kurt Cobain was murdered? I was in AIRBORNE SCHOOL!?
- US military personnel (current and former): Are you proud of being an active part of this inherently malicious and dysfunctional entity?
- Does the United States military support President Trump? Or Hillary Clinton ???
- Are there jobs in the Navy where you don’t go sit out at sea? I want to have a home life also. Is this possible in the Navy?
- My boyfriend is deployed and I sent him a pair of my panties...will he get in serious trouble?