How are doctors in the military able to pick up and move when they are assigned to a different base?
How are military doctors able to pick up and move to a different base when they are assigned to? Are they given days to get a house; if so how many? Are they given days to move in: how many?
- they move the same as other service members move. orders to new duty stations are given far in advance21
- Yes, you get extra leave for finding a house, it's like 5 days.00
- In the USAF you get orders well ahead of time so you know where you are going. You get a seven day TDY so you can go there ahead of time and find a house or apartment. You are given 3-4 days to pack up and get your stuff picked up. You get one day travel time for every 350 miles that you have to drive. You get one day for delivery of your goods, perhaps another day for unpacking. You can of course take leave if you want more days. This is the same system as everyone else so it really does not matter if you are a doctor or not.22
- Pack up and move like any other military person.
There is no special treatment.42
- the exact same way everyone else in the military moves from one base to another21
- Exactly the same way everyone else in the military from E1s to O10s do40
- Why would you think that PCSing is different for doctors than for every other job in the military?
You get your assignment notification, which for most people is months out from your report date. During that time, you put your house on the market (if you own one) or give notice to your landlord and start working on your outprocessing checklist. The military allows up to 10 days of permissive TDY (non-chargeable leave) for househunting, which you can either do before you move or right after you get there. The days the movers come to pack up your stuff and deliver it are considered duty days and your place of duty for those days is at your house watching them. The same goes for outprocessing and inprocessing appointments--you are supposed to go to them, therefore you are allowed to go to them.20
- What do you think would have been the outcome of WW! if the US had remained neutral?
- Is the Marine Corps my best option?
- Why is the U.S. military being misused?
- Military, do your job! Why are Obama not in jail for all his PROVEN CRIMES? Why hasn't Obama been arrested for treason?
- Do you think a black guy who has been in mostly black schools and neighborhoods would have trouble in the air foce?
- What percentage of the urine samples does the army actually test?
- ISIS; good or bad ?
- I heard that military members dont make enough for the cost of living, is that true?
- Just how powerful is the US navy? Will our sailors be safe?
- Can you dye your hair unnatural colours if you're a military spouse living on base?