Time for 100m. drop = sqrt. (2h/g) = sqrt.(200/9.8) = 4.52 secs.
(200/3.6) = 55.56m/sec.
Distance before target for release = (55.56 x 4.52) = 251.13 metres.
Sight angle below horizontal = arctan (100/2571.13) = 21.7 degrees.
The pilot of an airplane carrying a package of mail to a remote outpost wishes to release the package at the right moment...?
The pilot of an airplane carrying a package of mail to a remote outpost wishes to release the package at the right moment to hit the recovery location "A." What angle θ with the horizontal should the pilot's line of sight to the target make at the instant of release? The airplane is flying horizontally at an altitude of 100 m with a velocity of 200 km/ h.
- falling time t = √2h/g = √2*100/9.806 = 4.516 sec
horizontal distance d = V*t = 200*4.516 /3.6 = 250.9 m
Θ angle = arctan -h/d = arctan (-100/250.9) = -21.73°10
- 200 km/hr (1000 m/km / 3600 s/hr) = 55.6 m/s
neglect air resistance, assume g = 9.8 m/s²
The time needed to fall 100 m from vertical rest is
s = ½at²
t = √(2s/a)
t = √(2(100) / 9.8)
t = 4.52 s
the distance the plane travels in 4.52 s is
s = vt
s = 55.6(5.42)
s = 251 m
tanθ = 100 / 251
θ = 21.7° below the horizon
I hope this helps.
Please remember to vote a Best Answer from among your results. It's good karma as it helps keep the exchange in balance.20
- Is Isot possible to grain the human eye to see in slow motion? For if I want to be better in basketball or football I want to see in slow?
- In order to become a dentist, pharmacist or some sort of science job, should I take AP Physics 2 in highschool? I'm already taking AP Phys 1?
- Why electricity bulb becomes constant?
- A periodic wave has a frequency of 7.4 Hz. What is the wave period?
- If the Earth is round, why don't airplanes have to compensate for the curvature of the Earth?
- A rubber ball is dropped from the top of a hole. Exactly 1.5 seconds later, it's heard hitting the bottom. How deep is the hole?
- Is it possible for time travel to exist with the right technology?
- I need a small thing that could make me time travel to the past what could it be?
- Is it possible to make a tightly shut anus open as a small slit with the thrusting of your penis and yet not penetrate through it?
- What would happen if a nuclear power plant explodes in a small town?