Time for 100m. drop = sqrt. (2h/g) = sqrt.(200/9.8) = 4.52 secs.
(200/3.6) = 55.56m/sec.
Distance before target for release = (55.56 x 4.52) = 251.13 metres.
Sight angle below horizontal = arctan (100/2571.13) = 21.7 degrees.
The pilot of an airplane carrying a package of mail to a remote outpost wishes to release the package at the right moment...?
The pilot of an airplane carrying a package of mail to a remote outpost wishes to release the package at the right moment to hit the recovery location "A." What angle θ with the horizontal should the pilot's line of sight to the target make at the instant of release? The airplane is flying horizontally at an altitude of 100 m with a velocity of 200 km/ h.
- falling time t = √2h/g = √2*100/9.806 = 4.516 sec
horizontal distance d = V*t = 200*4.516 /3.6 = 250.9 m
Θ angle = arctan -h/d = arctan (-100/250.9) = -21.73°10
- 200 km/hr (1000 m/km / 3600 s/hr) = 55.6 m/s
neglect air resistance, assume g = 9.8 m/s²
The time needed to fall 100 m from vertical rest is
s = ½at²
t = √(2s/a)
t = √(2(100) / 9.8)
t = 4.52 s
the distance the plane travels in 4.52 s is
s = vt
s = 55.6(5.42)
s = 251 m
tanθ = 100 / 251
θ = 21.7° below the horizon
I hope this helps.
Please remember to vote a Best Answer from among your results. It's good karma as it helps keep the exchange in balance.20
- Physics circular motion?
- Collision Question?
- A ball is thrown straight up from the surface of the earth with an initial speed of v0.?
- A CD case slides along a floor in the positive direction of an x axis while an applied force Fa acts on the case.?
- If Velocity Is A measure of "Speed and Direction" ! What Does Direction Have To Do With Velocity OR Speed !?
- How do solar sails work?
- If your car is stuck in the mud and you don’t have a winch to pull it out, you can use a piece of rope and a tree to do the trick.?
- Theoretically, is it possible to negate the effect of time dilation when travelling fast relative to the light speed...?
- Physics problem please help?
- Is it true, if the superstring theory is right, then everything is made by the same thing at the end?