How can i humanely and quickly put my hamster down?
My hamster has been losing his hair for about 5 months now and the skin around his tail is very dry and rough. He has trouble walking and sometimes his skin splits in the back and looks really painful. I dont want him to suffer anymore but i cant afford to take him to the vet so i want to know the most humane way to put him down myself.
- Take him to the vet. Tell them you have no money. If they turn you away, post it all over social media. Some responsible and compassionate vet will step forward. And then, never get another pet. Not until you are more responsible yourself. You do not have pets if you cannot afford their care.11
- I don’t think that you should do It yourself. You might feel worse doing this. There might be some Groupons for vets and some vets do a free first visit.20
- That will likely be the second hardest thing you will ever do.
A call to ASPCA may help a lot, and there are compassionate vets around.
How to is just not something I am into, what ever you elect, see that it is fast.00
- Are you absolutely positively sure that you want to do it yourself. It can be quite traumatic since you’re so attached to it.
I warned you.
1. Get a syringe and fill it with 100% ethanol. Inject it into the hamster and let it fall asleep.
2. Pick up the hamster by the scruff with your thumb and pointing finger in a pinching position.
3. Pin the hamster to a table or sturdy flat surface while using the thumb and pointing finger pinching position. Grab his tail and give a quick forceful yank. If done correctly, you should feel his spine separating from his skull. It’s called cervical dislocation. He shouldn’t feel anything since he’s asleep and death should be instantaneous. Then decapitate him just to make sure that he’s really dead.
If you have a carbon dioxide tank, put him in a closed tank and pump it full of carbon dioxide. He should fall asleep and then eventually suffocate. After he stops breathing, decapitate him just in case he’s not dead from the carbon dioxide.13
- You should take him to a shelter immediately, WHY DID YOU GET A PET IF YOU COULDNT AFFORD ONE21
- Just take him to a shelter and surrender him and give them whatever donation you can. They'll put him down.
Shame on you for leaving this poor hamster slowing dying for FIVE MONTHS. WTF is wrong with you? NEVER EVER EVER get another pet!51
- Is it best to just let men be alone for a while after you have hurt them and let them come to you when they are ready?
- Do you like "double entry" accounting?
- So my hamster keeps biting the cage and nothing is stopping him he has food water nuts to snack on a toilet paper tube a salt stick ect?
- Pros and Cons of having a Guinea Pig?
- Will the smell of mouse urine/ poop in my room kill me?
- What's the difference between a pet rat and a pet mouse?
- My pet rats accidentally found and ate a potato chip, is the salt in chips dangerous for them? Or are they going to be fine after this?
- Why are my guinea pigs being aggressive?