If the game was Free-to-play, then it's filled with micro transactions, whether it's cosmetics/costumes, or something that affect game progression, or even the combination of both.
This kind of thing is very common in mobile games, where players need to spend real money in order to get in-game currency, which will be spend for progressing like equipment/characters/upgrades/etc.
How do game creators/ developers earn money?
Right, so what I'm trying to say is that, for example, let's say someone creates a game, right? They've published it in let's say, Steam and it becomes extremely popular. Thing is, the game is free to play. How do they make money if no one is paying for the game?
- By creating games00
- Downloads and ads viewed. Most games that are free to play aren't a good high quality triple A tittle like the Mario or Zelda games they're usually simple and rely on a single play style. However there are some people who just make games out of the goodness of their heart or they have a passion for it. Not every game is backed by the need for money. If it's free it likely took little effort and fundings to make meaning that any and all downloads goes to your profit.20
- What does it mean if your gaming friend on fornite says he's offline but on epic friends it says he's online?
- What is your favorite video game console, appearance wise and your favorite video game console game wise?
- Does anyone remember that game where you have to help get a pipe out of a fish tank and you got this island that s a fair?
- How to get hyped for playing Outlast?
- Which was the worst ending for a game you played?
- I need help finding a name for a post apocalyptic city?
- What are the best free PC games?
- I can't play any games after new graphics card is installed?
- Have any of you ever used a video game/movie fight move in real life? If so pls tell me how it went?
- N64 Won't power on?