If the game was Free-to-play, then it's filled with micro transactions, whether it's cosmetics/costumes, or something that affect game progression, or even the combination of both.
This kind of thing is very common in mobile games, where players need to spend real money in order to get in-game currency, which will be spend for progressing like equipment/characters/upgrades/etc.
How do game creators/ developers earn money?
Right, so what I'm trying to say is that, for example, let's say someone creates a game, right? They've published it in let's say, Steam and it becomes extremely popular. Thing is, the game is free to play. How do they make money if no one is paying for the game?
- By creating games00
- Downloads and ads viewed. Most games that are free to play aren't a good high quality triple A tittle like the Mario or Zelda games they're usually simple and rely on a single play style. However there are some people who just make games out of the goodness of their heart or they have a passion for it. Not every game is backed by the need for money. If it's free it likely took little effort and fundings to make meaning that any and all downloads goes to your profit.20
- How do I get through this part of Agony the game?
- How do I find where to answer questions at YH?
- How can you return items to WISH without a huge run around? They OK the return then make it ridiculously hard. please HELP me.?
- What is the name of this number puzzle?
- Hi ! I have a powerful computer and friend has a pretty bad one. How can I share some "power" in order to play games together ?
- When video games get banned in America Should we throw a big party?
- Should we spread anti video games messages everywhere?
- Is it normal that my husband likes to kill in video games just to kill because its fun?
- How do games detect piracy?
- Can you trade in a Ps4 controller that came with the ps4?