< Now this account is going to stay on report for another 7yrs? >
No and if it did, it wouldn't negatively affect your score because it shows "pays as agreed" with a no balance owing.
Can a credit agency rep cause a closed account (12/06) last reported date to change to date he looked at report?
I have a closed account on my Equifax credit report that has been closed since 12/06, listed as paid as agreed, no balance but the last Reported date is 4/16. I haven’t talked to anyone from TD bank since it was closed in 12/06. I did speak to an Equifax rep around that time to dispute this item and have it removed then. He told me he would look at report, when he came bank on phone he said he put comment on account.... my question is did the last reported date change because of what he did? Now this account is going to stay on report for another 7yrs?
- Last reported date doesn't matter.
The date that controls when it is removed is the "date of last activity", which is different. It will still be removed the same day that it would have been removed if you hadn't wasted your time making a phone call that won't change anything.21
- I don't quite understand your question. But the date reported doesn't have an effect on your credit rating. The only thing that has a negative effect is the date you last defaulted on a loan or credit card or the date of last activity on it (which would mean a payment).
I have credit cards that have been closed for years and they still report the $0 balance every single month, even though the accounts are closed. It has no effect on my credit score.21
- Why in the hell did you even call you said it was listed as paid?10
- You need to have them correct it, which is not a comment on the file. They'll walk through everyhting on the phone for accuracy, tehn send you an affadavid to sign to eliminate any errors.
There are so many mistakes on these, similar names, ss# s that are close, you'd really think they keypunch all this with mittens. But you need to have them go through everything with you line by line then send the affadavit to correct it.00
- It comes off after 7 years of last activity00
- How to apply yahoo credit card?
- Being taken to court by a debt collection agency.?
- Can you withdraw gidt card money through paypal?
- What are some ways to gey cash off a digital gift card I got one from dealership....?
- The Democrats really seem to want the evangelical Mike Pence as president?
- Why can’t I get a auto loan?
- CAN I GO TO JAIL FOR AN OUSTANDING CREDIT CARD BILL??
- Hi all, Can I reverse a loan that I signed for already?
- If i stole a credit card should i call the bank and say i need my money for my kids?
- Get credit score up?