Why are joules set on a defibrillator and not amperes or volts?
- Because joules are a measure of energy, and amperes and volts are not.20
- Everybody's goin' SI.02
- Volts makes no sense - if the skin is dry, even a high voltage may not cause much current flow.
Amps makes no sense as 100mA for a microsecond is very different from 100mA for a second.
However, joules is a measure of the amount of energy given to the body.00
- Joules is a measure of energy.
Volts and amps don't make any sense in the context of what we're doing with defibrillation. Voltage depends on resistance and resistance changes from person to person and with subsequent defibrillations. Same thing with amps; that depends on the time the current is applied.
200J of energy is always 200J of energy though, regardless of how many amps or volts it takes to deliver that energy.10
- I’ve stopped using marijuana for about 3 weeks now. The day before my test I took plenty water pills and drank lots of water...?
- Will 15grams of Nembutal kill a human?
- Should I go to the doctor for having a urine stream with low thrust?
- Does the Certo and Gatorade method work?
- I accidentally took 7 paracetamol at once because I mistook it for my medication. I need to know whether to ring someone or just leave it.?
- Does acetaminophen have codeine in it, does ibuprofen have codeine in it?
- How long and how can I get weed out of my system fast?
- Was my doctor being an idiot?
- I’m going to MEP’s today & I took a acetaminophen 500mg pain reducer ibuprofen 2 days ago. Will this show up on a drug test? Will I get DQ?
- I'm prescribed Levothyroxine, and 75mcg has recent tests at correct dosage. But does it necessarily have to be taken in the morning?