How often to change the litter?
i clean the litter box on a daily basis but how often do i have to change the litter??
- when it starts to smell.00
- I clean my cat litter tray out as soon as my cat has soiled it.00
- There are litter boxes that help clean themselves, so you don't have to change it so often.00
- I scoop till the total depth ends up getting down to 1/2 inch then empty that and refill till it's 3" deep.00
- I would not let even the best cat litter to go longer than a week.
Fortunately my cat prefers to do his business in the forest and rarely uses the litter dish for weeks at a time.01
- It really depends on the litter box. I have multiple boxes in my house. The one my cat prefers to use I completely change every 1 - 2 weeks. The one my cat doesn't normally use I completely empty after 3 - 4 weeks.00
- I have four cats and five boxes and use wood stove pellets (the best!!!). Poop is scooped daily and the pans are dumped out once a week.00
- As needed and well before it starts to stink. I no longer have any cats however I did have one for several years that passed on. I had two litter boxes that I cleaned multiple times a day, usually very soon after she used them. This kept the smell down. She kicked litter out even when I upgraded to the enclosed litter boxes when she was burying her business pies so I was cleaning up after her almost constantly.
Litter should be changed once a week in my opinion. Between an inch and a half and maybe 3 inches deep was plenty for my 1 cat, it doesn't have to be real deep just enough so they can bury the solid waste.10
- Every third day is best.00
- When I first got my cat, I scooped the litter daily and completely changed the litter box once a week. Now, with more experience, I've become more efficient.
First, this depends on how many cats you have, the litter you use, etc. This is what I do now for my (one) cat:
The first and major thing that helped was investing in a giant, high-sided litter box. The next thing is to make sure you use a good litter. Personally, I would recommend scented clumping clay litter. It's easy to clean up and keeps everything smelling fresh. I use Tidy Cats with Glade. For cleaning, I scoop every day to every other day depending on my schedule and I completely change and wipe down the litter box every two weeks. Or I just change the litter once a week and clean the box every 2 weeks.00
- Do cats eat pork meat even though it is prohibited in Islam...?
- How much should I play Fortnite a day?
- Can a kitten remember a past littermate?
- Why does my cat lay on the floor AFTER sleeping on his bed?
- Can house cats become vegetarian and healthy at the same time...?
- How do I convince my parents to allow me to get an emotional support animal?
- Why is my cat DEATHLY afraid of baths?
- Is it considered cruel to keep a cat alive who has a severe flea allergy?
- Cats will never respond to commands like dogs do, right?
- Cat owners PLS read and HELP! Bf is at wits end wants to get rid of my kitty. Need advice ASAP!?