If life doesn't improve with gaining forgiveness why do people seek it so much. Nothing really changes by saying sorry?
for either party so why bother?
- Not with *that* attitude it doesn't.10
- I'm not a fan of saying "I'm sorry". One might as well say "I'm pathetic". Say "I'm sorry to me and I will likely reply "Yes, you are. Sorry as hell."
I prefer to say "I apologize" followed by what I am apologizing for allowing the person I seek forgiveness to know I "understand" what I did wrong, why, how etc., and the I will not allow it to happen again.
In the scheme of things, none of our verbal communications mean very much, that's why our character, personality, attitude and behavior is extremely important: When these things are in check, our words have power, merit, respected. So in a sense your question can be correct however, it should not be the norm.00
- Unless the wrong done is something quite serious, relatively more irreversible, and of huge importance I think the word "sorry" can have a lot of healing power at certain times but only if the person who says it is quite sincere and never commits the wrong act again. If even the tiniest amount of insincerity sensed or the person does it again then the word loses that quality.20
- Your life will improve if your relationships with others improves. When somebody who has wronged you says 'Sorry' and it's a sincere apology, you can reach out in acceptance and the two of you can move on without that barrier between you.
Relationships have a profound effect on whether our lives improve or get worse.20
- Guilty conscience and self esteem00
- Forgiveness is not about the other person. Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself so that you can move on with life and not harbor resentment and hate that eventually destroys you. If you are having trouble letting go and feeling victimized, the person who has supposedly wronged you saying they are sorry can help the supposed victim move on.00
- They all benefit gradually .00
- True repentance and forgiveness changes one's heart. When a person really knows that's he's been forgiven, it brings a bout an inner joy.00
- I do not accept when someone says sorry. They have a mind and should have thought before doing.23
- What can you say about religion?
- What do Jews want to do for gentiles claim of their non-Jewish Messiah?
- Why do some have to try so hard to be bad and awful, but for others, it just seems natural? Isn't it supposed to be natural for us all?
- Do you believe that the moral standards in different spaces and times are different or moral standards should be universal?
- Fellow atheists, do you respect an individuals choice to have faith providing they admit there is a lack of evidence?
- I'm turning 28 next week and still a virgin. My friends want me to do it with a hooker. What should I do?
- Are natural disasters punishment from God?
- Why did God create such a hard world to live in?
- What would happen if Jesus rebelled agaisnt God?
- Why does Bill Nye say that creationism is bad for us and says it is only a story?