If life doesn't improve with gaining forgiveness why do people seek it so much. Nothing really changes by saying sorry?
for either party so why bother?
- Not with *that* attitude it doesn't.10
- I'm not a fan of saying "I'm sorry". One might as well say "I'm pathetic". Say "I'm sorry to me and I will likely reply "Yes, you are. Sorry as hell."
I prefer to say "I apologize" followed by what I am apologizing for allowing the person I seek forgiveness to know I "understand" what I did wrong, why, how etc., and the I will not allow it to happen again.
In the scheme of things, none of our verbal communications mean very much, that's why our character, personality, attitude and behavior is extremely important: When these things are in check, our words have power, merit, respected. So in a sense your question can be correct however, it should not be the norm.00
- Unless the wrong done is something quite serious, relatively more irreversible, and of huge importance I think the word "sorry" can have a lot of healing power at certain times but only if the person who says it is quite sincere and never commits the wrong act again. If even the tiniest amount of insincerity sensed or the person does it again then the word loses that quality.20
- Your life will improve if your relationships with others improves. When somebody who has wronged you says 'Sorry' and it's a sincere apology, you can reach out in acceptance and the two of you can move on without that barrier between you.
Relationships have a profound effect on whether our lives improve or get worse.20
- Guilty conscience and self esteem00
- Forgiveness is not about the other person. Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself so that you can move on with life and not harbor resentment and hate that eventually destroys you. If you are having trouble letting go and feeling victimized, the person who has supposedly wronged you saying they are sorry can help the supposed victim move on.00
- They all benefit gradually .00
- True repentance and forgiveness changes one's heart. When a person really knows that's he's been forgiven, it brings a bout an inner joy.00
- I do not accept when someone says sorry. They have a mind and should have thought before doing.23
- Is it a bad thing that I wish I was black?
- Isn't it good to know, that if you want the truth, the Lord Jesus will tell you the truth? :)?
- The Woman and the Dragon-Revelation 12:3 Meaning with seven heads, ten horns, and seven royal crowns on his heads. Rep.?
- Can Jesus help me with my fetish?
- Why don't Jehovah's Witnesses celebrate Christmas?
- What is it about atheists that really makes your blood boil?
- Can atheists feel love?
- Trinitarians stop ducking! Aren't you Christians? Face the Bible for once and explain the relation between Galatians 3:20 and 1 Timothy 2:5?
- If God exists then is he some sort of sicko for making this world the way it is?
- Was religion created merely from the fear of death and not knowing what happens to us after death?