Does my school counsellor keep confidentiality if you self harm?
I’ve asked about my school counsellor’s confidentiality, and she said everything is confidential unless there is a danger to your own or someone else’s life. However I don’t know if self harm falls into that category because it isn’t exactly life threatening. I’m already seeing the counsellor for other reasons and I want to tell her about my self harm, but I really don’t want my parents to find out.
- I don't self harm, but if I did, your school counselor wouldn't report it as he/she would not know.02
- Why not ask for specifics? Let them know what you are unclear on. Tell them you have things you want to talk about but your number one concern is that your parents don't find out about what you say during your sessions.00
- Ask her for more clarification on what constitutes "harm to myself" and if that includes self-harm. You really need to tell someone and soon.00
- She's right because she's legally bound to do this. However, ask her if self-harming is something she'd need to tell your parents about this. Don't say you do it - just ask her about it.00
- 2 weeks without klonopin withdrawals.?
- Can you get PTSD or Paranoia after an abusive relationship?
- When atheists reject God, why do they say they don't?
- How is cache, memory and secondary memory associated?
- How can I make my foster son understand that he doesn't get as much as my real daughter?
- Am I stupid for self harming?
- True or False: Every female in the world including female deities, celebrities, and storybook characters are $luts except for me?
- Is this just depression? What should I do?
- How old are you and when is your birthday?
- Do atheists like dogs?