Does my school counsellor keep confidentiality if you self harm?
I’ve asked about my school counsellor’s confidentiality, and she said everything is confidential unless there is a danger to your own or someone else’s life. However I don’t know if self harm falls into that category because it isn’t exactly life threatening. I’m already seeing the counsellor for other reasons and I want to tell her about my self harm, but I really don’t want my parents to find out.
- I don't self harm, but if I did, your school counselor wouldn't report it as he/she would not know.02
- Why not ask for specifics? Let them know what you are unclear on. Tell them you have things you want to talk about but your number one concern is that your parents don't find out about what you say during your sessions.00
- Ask her for more clarification on what constitutes "harm to myself" and if that includes self-harm. You really need to tell someone and soon.00
- She's right because she's legally bound to do this. However, ask her if self-harming is something she'd need to tell your parents about this. Don't say you do it - just ask her about it.00
- Symptom of anxiety or panacking for no reason?
- How do U recover faster from suicide attempt?
- Why did I hump a cat when I was 12 why was I not smart enough to realize that just don't work...?
- 20 mg and 40 mg?
- I wantvto commit suicide at 20. my life jist feels empty and i feel like theres no other way oit.?
- My life is a disaster?
- I can’t have a life because of anxiety and depression, whats the point of living?
- Is Calling Someone Gay Wrong?
- Do u think woman with really tight tops want attention?
- Women's underwear guide for men!?