For what part of the construction?
Oak is popular for interior trim, doors. flooring and cabinets. It is not the cheapest choice especially if things are going to be painted. For painted applications poplar, pine, MDF or even PVC can be used depending on the specific use.
It is very seldom used for framing or other structural elements because of cost compared to pine, hemlock or fir.
Why opt for oak wood in construction?
- Who is the best Interior Decorator in Chennai?
- Can i use polyurethane clear coat with airless paint gun.?
- Can a roof permit be cancelled?
- How can I put an L shape shower rail up without having to drill into walls?
- Is a pink bedroom too childish for a 16 year old?
- Is it possible to cover up dark grey walls with white paint in one coat?
- Can't find a lamp!?
- How much would I save through energy if I replaced my old door.?
- What's your wood preference for interesting furniture with no metal fittings?
- What colour kitchen would you choose?