Was this dumb parenting?
my husband and I have 3 kids together ages 12,14 and 6 with another on the way. My husband has the older kids so shores the youngest gets off easy cause she's our only daughter and she's still a baby (at least in his eyes) but she's too young. Anyways my husband had the boys cut the grass and he called them wet backs. Mind you he's Mexican (although a pale one) so because our boys are dark skinned compared to their dad it can look wrong to someone just passing by. He of course says it jokingly but is it neglectful? I'm Asian so if I wanted to call them chinks I guess I could but I'm not that parent. And we had the first 2 in our early 20's so I don't know but is it wrong of him to call them that?
- Congratulations you've married an idiot who is abusive to his kids!00
- Unless he's refusing them food and water, how could that be neglectful? It's a bit un-PC, but hardly the end of the world.00
- Not sure I understand completely.00
- I don't see it as wrong. Just sounds like some joking between a father, and his sons. If they genuinely feel bad about it, and talked to him, and he won't stop, then it's a little different. If that is the worst thing your kids get called, and it's as a joke anyway, then you shouldn't worry. But you should assume that much worse will happen, and they need a spine for life.00
- Parents: At what age do you think your child should be self supporting?
- How can a parent DO such a thing--turning their child away from acting their natural gender role?
- Should I drop out of school and get my GED since I’m pregnant?
- What kind and how many programs would parents want if they are paying $250/week for their child to go to a small home daycare?
- Do you make fun of quiet people?
- Why is it illegal to hit your kids if the Bible is for it? Why should anybody else have a say in how one raises their kids?
- Should parents refuse to pay for their child’s college if he/she majors in useless stuff?
- When do children stop calling their parents "Mommy" and "Daddy"?
- Is my wife over the top about not wanting our 5 year old son to watch PG rated movies?
- Should I kick my son out at 22 after his college graduation?