I'm 16 and leaving school, I'm quite academic but don't want to carry on with education. I'm quite adventurous.?
Matching my description what careers would suit me best?
- Horrible idea.20
- Hopefully any minimum wage job that'll have you. You've made a bad decision.42
- Nothing. Jobs want at least a high school diploma or equivalent. Quitting high school is the BIGGEST mistake any teen will make! It doesn't matter how smart you are in your mind. Employers want it on paper, they won't take your word for it. If you're so smart then stay in school! If you quit, your options are either: #1 minimum wage jobs, #2 military, or #3 going into the sex industry.
Option #3 is pretty adventurous, just use protection and you won't die of STDs. In the military it's likely you'll die even more so than being in porn or as an escort. But other than those options, you're pretty much screwed without your HS diploma at least. College is gonna widen your opportunities even more. Don't be lazy. Finish HS and continue a good path. Good luck :)31
- Does the military allow you to enlist when you are still legally a minor child? Probably not. You have NO realistic hopes of any decent job, and certainly NO hopes of any career, if you drop out before earning high school diploma, A-levels or the equivalent, or complete a challenging & in-demand apprenticeship (most vocational certifications are not "adventurous" work, but mostly dull as dishwater - and the majority are pretty useless in getting any job at all).
You don't even have enough sense of adventure to go off to university & explore knowledge, explore beyond your current hometown? Don't think you are adventurous. Adventurous & foolhardy are not the same thing.32
- You'll be a bum because you didn't finish school.21
- Freelance Photographer. Paparazzi on the side01
- Let's face it; any dummy can at the very least graduate from high school. If you drop out, you will regret it for the rest of your life. There will be no "career" and you will get menial job and unskilled minimum wage for the rest of your life. A high school degree is the very LEAST employers expect from an applicant.
Then again, you could just live in mom's basement for the rest of your life but if you were my kid, I'd be kicking you out into to cold, cruel world to teach you a lesson.20
- You want careers advice based on your post- 'quite academic but don't want to carry on with education. I'm quite adventurous'.
Not much information to go on!
'Quite academic' suggests you could be a quick learner and have shown that you can pick up new knowledge and skills so far in your learning i.e you've achieved reasonable grades so far, in both theoretical and practical courses. Hopefully you have gained good grades in basic skills such as language, maths, science, IT, etc that are required for any work and demonstrates your ability to learn. In addition,in your life you may have picked up skills and knowledge outside school that are valuable.
By 'adventurous', what do you mean- that you like to be challenged physically or mentally, that you like to think 'outside the box' of your family or cultural upbringing so far, that you have original inventions or ideas, that you wish to explore other countries, etc?
You may have an entrepreneurial attitude, where starting your own business attracts you but you're not sure how to start.
Look around for advice and mentoring for young people who have ideas and ambition, and be pro-active about this.
Don't be too choosy about your first job- remember that everyone has to prove themselves in terms of reliability, and willingness to work hard. Look at biogs of successful people- you'll see they really put the work in and have great focus.
So I guess it's about focus, finding great mentors/info sources, working hard and having a strategy.
Go for it!00
- Without a high school education, garbage collector...can be adventurous.00
- Don't quit high school that is basic education. Finish that and then move on00
- I got a new job but didn’t fill a w4 but i filled a w9. Why?
- How to ask my boss for more hours?
- What's it like being a car lot porter?
- My manager saidI need to be more confident?
- My current salary is 58,500. If anyone asks, is that considered a salary of 60k?
- Are employers who post ads on job boards really hiring?
- How to ask for more hours at work?
- My mother is insisting I fight for this to me this not worth my time or energy.?
- Why do employees have to wait 1 to 2 weeks to get a paycheck? Why can't they get paid on the same day of work?
- Question about Job interview!! Please help?