subtract n, divide by 8
add b, add 8
D=n+8m solve for m P=a-b-8 solve for a Plz help me!?
- 8m = D - n
m = ( D - n ) / 8
a = P + b + 800
- you have to ask yourself, what's stopping the variable I want from being isolated?
d = n + 8m
you want to solve for m. First of all, n is being added to it. We're going to do the opposite of that to both sides in order to cancel out n, so SUBTRACT n from both sides:
d - n = n - n + 8m
d - n = 0n + 8m
d - n = 8m
Now what's stopping m from being isolated? It's being mutliplied by 8. So DIVIDE BOTH SIDES BY 8:
(d-n)/8 = 8m/8
(d-n) / 8 = (8/8)(m/1)
(d-n) / 8 = 1(m)
(d-n) / 8 = m
p = a - b - 8
p + b + 8 = a00
- One quadrillion?
- Math question?
- Help with Calculus Homework?
- Please help with this math issue.?
- How much is five ounces of wine?
- What number falls exactly between 1.25 and 1.50?
- Given 2x - 3y = 9 and 5x - 2y = -16, how to solve for x and y?
- What is the number one problem in todays world?
- IIs 7.9 inches the same as 7.09 inches?
- Why does -(a/b) = (-a)/b = a/(-b) ?