I live in a HUD apartment and receive a voucher so I don't have to pay rent. What will happen if I didn't report my income for a few months?
I live in a HUD apartment complex and I receive a voucher so I don't have to pay rent. I started working in March and stopped in September but I didn't report my income to my apartment. Now it's time for me to recertify and they have my bank statements showing when I worked but I am no longer working now. Will my voucher be taken or will I be evicted? I'd like to hear from people who have or know people who have been in this situation.
- It is possible you could be prosecuted for benefits fraud. You will likely lose your voucher at a minimum.20
- You will most likely lose your voucher since you committed Welfare Fraud by not reporting your income. You could also be facing prosecution.20
- Not reporting income of the household is considered fraud. You signed a document indicating you would report all income of your household.
There are several options that might be taken against you.
#1. You could lose your subsidized housing benefits.
#2. You could be prosecuted for fraud
#3. You could be required to reimburse the benefits you got while working.
#4. You could be given a slap on the wrist and told never to commit this sin again.
What might happen to you would depend on the recommendations of your case worker to her supervisors. A board would make a decision as to if you would be punished financially or a recommendation to prosecute you.
I hope this has been of some benefit to you, good luck.
- That is benefits fraud & a federal crime. You can be prosecuted & charged what ever amount in rent you got illegally. You are legally required to report changes in income with in 10 days.
This is the 2nd time you have asked. GO READ YOUR ANSWERS01
- You can be prosecuted for benefit fraud. That can carry up to 2 years in prison and a $10,000 file for the first conviction.10
- Hopefully you lose everything and end up in jail!20
- You are a deadbeat...you are supposed to at least be contributing to the rent.
The pic that showed in one on the other questions looked like a black female.
There is a negative stereotype of black people being welfare baby factories who make a career out of milking the system.
You are reinforcing that stereotype when you suggest nonsense like this.11
- Everyone has to pay some rent, 30% of your income. How can you pay NO rent?10
- I want to practice in managing time. What proper steps can I take?
- What should I do when I’m bored?!?!?!!?
- When will humans go extinct?
- Why am I so short?
- To those that are annoyed by political posts on social media, don't you think it's important to discuss humanity's future?
- Why do people think genetically engineered foods are dangerous?
- Which is a non renewable source Wood Water Coal Wind?