If a credit card sues me, can they garnish retirement money going to a pre paid credit card?
- Sure can try01
- I hope so. Fraudsters need weeding out.11
- if this is SS, no the credit card company cannot garnish that00
- That's income and probably well documented...yup they can.10
- A card like NetSpend or Brinks that can take direct deposit is really a bank account, I believe, as it has a routing number. It could be garnished like any other account. But before it gets to that, try to find a credit counselor at nfcc.org, and try to work out your debt situation.10
- You owe them money, they will use whatever legal means there are to get it.00
- Yes they can, yes they will. Certain funds are protected from garnishment IF you are proactive and prevent it in court. Social security and gov't benefit payments are protected. But if you co-mingle protected with unprotected funds, all of it is fair game. Do a search on "protected funds garnishment"00
- I’m 18 and I’ve had a steady job for almost a year now. Can I get a car loan from my bank? (Security service federal credit union)?
- My credit score on credit karma decreased by 30 points after i paid down morguage, and credit catd. But not completely off. Why?
- How do Icange my accountinformation of my debit card fpr payment on my account each month?
- How do you build credit? Can you do it with small purchases?
- When someone dies do their credit card dept die as well?
- Credit score?
- Is it fair that i paid i gave her cash after using her card?
- Do credit card tips come out of my pay check?
- Applying for credit card with boyfriend's income?
- How would my credit score grow if I put down a little bit of money every week compared to if I payed my balance all at one time?