What are my chances of getting any diseases from a mouse that was roaming in my house??
Mouse was found in the corner of the house: mouse was found, mouse was obliterated by a baseball bat, cleaned the floor with a shitload of wipes afterwards, mouse body was picked up using gloves and placed in secure plastic bag, which was then thrown into the trash.... So after all that bullshit, my family and I went searching for anything left by the mouse, found nothing. Currently worried that family is at risk for airborne diseases by the mouse.. Should I be worried? (unsure what kind of mouse it was..)
- Rabies jab.03
- With common house/field mice, really not much risk at all, deer mice 'might' be an exception.
Diseases they carry are a product of the environment they live in, so a house mouse with diseases, your house may be a bio hazard in the first place.
Mice can carry ectoparasites like mites and lice, even worms and fungus infections humans can get(zoonotic)
Pathogens mice might carry are not airborne, Vectors are contact, contact with body fluids or waste and bites.
I have rescued a few orphans in my day and all got clean bill of health from a vet, although infants are not likely to live more than a couple days if infected and generally too young to acquire parasites or worms.
Use sanitary measures disposing of remains, you would be fine.
My grandmother was one to think mice were cute and usually gave them treats,maybe why they never raided the pantry, but after years with no issues, if they were really such a threat, lots of people would be getting treatment.
They are destructive though, grams just ignored them tuning a sock drawer into a nest. wild mice are just not the sort you really want running loose in your home. Rodent problems I solve with those electronic rodent repellers, they do work, no more bashing with a bat, traps,poisons, or dead mice,,just no mice.11
- Zero. It's a sanitation issue, not a disease issue.20
- Not unless there is an epidemic going around.
So, no problem.
When I kill a mouse, or find a dead mouse, I pick it up by the tail and throw it out. Then I wash my hands. That's it.10
- Guinea pig sneezed a lot after cage swept?
- I recently got 3 dwarf hamsters and I was wondering what dry cereals they can have?
- What are the signs that a hamster is overheating ?
- My mouse seemsvery sad lately, what are the signs of a lonely mouse?she is 8 months old if she is lonely would she be ok with another mouse.?
- Is it considered “child-like” to own a hamster at 16?
- How can i convince my mom to get 2 guinea pigs?
- Guinea pig or hamster ? i can’t choose so someone please help !!?
- What's wrong with my rat?
- Do you have to separate all the hamsters or can you put all the females n males in seprate cages?
- Urgent help please hamster dying?