Why is my windshield fogging up?
I was driving home from school and it started to fog up so bad that I couldn't even see so I had to stop. It was super dangerous and I was so scared! Does anyone know how to prevent car windows from fogging up all the time? It's such a problem that I keep having to wipe them with my sleeve. Thank you.
- For some reason your defroster is not working. Maybe not turned on. It may get better as the car actuallyh warms up. Yes, I have used rolled up rolls of paper towels to swab miserable windshield insides.01
- Possibly a broken heater core.10
- Switch your heater system to FRESH. Never use recirculate unless you are warming the vehicle in the driveway.11
- That happens to me, when the weather starts turning cold. For years I would turn on the defroster and wonder why it wouldn't make any difference. It's because if you're using hot air, you're actually making the problem worse. That's what's causing it to fog in the first place. So now I crank the AC with the cold air going to the windows. It's uncomfortable for a minute or so, but it works really well.00
- Leaking heater core?10
- That's why the air conditioning runs in the defog/defrost modes on most cars (and all with auto temp control) . . . . . . . . but if the fogging was really that bad, I'm guessing that your heater core has a leak. Is there any odor of anti-freeze in the cabin?00
- Turn on your ac to remove the moisture from the air.00
- Have you switched the air to recirculate?00
- Just use the a/c. (or stop f****** in the back seat).00
- Make sure that the air intake for the climate control is set to fresh air...NOT recirculate.
Crack the front windows open a bit.
Run the AC with the heater once the motor is up to operating temperature.10
- What are control arm bushings?
- Why is my 98 astro van stuck in first gear?
- Where do y'all think is the most affordable place to buy good automobile tires and have them installed?
- What happens if I put a tide pod in my gas tank?
- Is it healthier to let ur engine run a few minutes on a cold day before driving?
- Is it bad for your car to have it running (idling) in the driveway for 4-8 hours a day, 7 days a week, every week, for months at a time?
- If I only drive my car about 3,500 miles a year, do I still need to change my cars oil every three months.?
- Can you put water where it say engine coolent?
- If my car died from no oil. What would happen if i filled it up with oil or did an oil change? Would it start?
- Is a car with lpg faster or stronger than car without?