AMD CPU s?
I have a motherboard that has FM2 Quad cord CPU, I like to know is FM2+ the same as FM2.? As i m looking to upgrade it little bit.
- FM2+ has a few extra pins making it incompatible with FM2.00
- The FM2+ has two extra pins over the FM2.
An APU for FM2 will work in a FM2+ socket so I assume a CPU will. The reverse will not work.00
- FM2+ has 906 pins while FM2 has 904.
Those 2 extra pins would make the FM2+ CPU incompatible with a Socket FM2 motherboard.
You'd have to look up the specs of your motherboard then find the approved CPU list. That list will tell you what processors you can upgrade to.
The Steamroller FM2+ chips really aren't all that much faster anyway so it's not a huge loss if you already have a quad-core with a decent clock speed. Upgrading the CPU, Motherboard, and RAM to either an 8th Generation Intel or AMD Ryzen setup would yield a substantial leap in CPU performance. You would have to purchase new DDR4 RAM for these systems. Buying an new motherboard would require you to purchase a new product key for Windows, so this is a costly move.00
- I have a Dell Optiplex 980 pc, would an Intel Core i3 8th gen processor fit in my pc?
- MacBook shuts off randomly!! HELP?
- Why did AMD and Nvidia suddenly start working together?
- Ray Tracing, Would AMD smoke Nvidia if they made a raytracing card that would work in crossfire with any AMD card?
- Is this a good PC build for playing ultra settings at 60FPS at least (In most games)?
- How can I slightly upgrade my PC?
- What is a good cheap gaming computer i can build under $400?
- If I buy a SSD 64GB and dedicate it for the OS and have another 2TB SSD for everything else, will it make the OS faster?
- My computer is going wrong please help!?