Stop answering them.
You answer and they sell your number to others as a valid number.
Don't answer calls from numbers you don't recognize.
If it's legit, the caller will leave a message.
If it's bogus, block the number.
How to stop scam telemarketers?
I am constantly getting phone calls from scammers. They are either for credit card debt (which I don't even have a credit card), or the more annoying one, my car warranty being up. I have tried putting my number on the do not call list and it doesn't work. I have went through to a person and told them to put me on the do not call list and it doesn't work. Today, I even played a long. When I got to the person, the first thing they said was "what year is your car". No good morning or anything. So I told them a fake year, to see what they would say, and they just hung up. I tried calling back and it doesn't go through. What do I do to stop it?
- NEVER answer. They then know it is a working line, and will RESELL your number a thousand times. For a house phone, sign up for NoMoRoBo. For a cell phone, get an app like Mr. Number. One in a great while, somebody will get thru - at which point (and you still did not answer - you let it go to message, and betcha they hung up) you go to the app or website and add this number to their database. You are now good - and so is THE REST OF THE WORLD.
Before these, I tried all kinds of things - asking a ton of questions, repeating myself over and over - and I used to keep a sports whistle by the phone - one blast. they were gone. Now it is far easier to stop the,m BEFORE you have to talk to these jerks. Somebody is going to get sympathetic and say "But that is the only job they can find!!". No - it is not.00
- < I have tried putting my number on the do not call list and it doesn't work. >
Scammers don't care about the do not call list because they are already breaking laws.
Couple of options:
1. There are telemarking devices you can get for your phone, depends on the system you are using
2. Go with a VOIP phone like Ooma. They have a blacklist that stops a bunch and it's easy to block a new telemarketer. They also show the number/name of who is calling which leads me to the most important one
3. Don't answer calls from unknown or blocked numbers. If it's a legit call, they will leave a message. Telemarketers/scammers won't.
4. Be careful who you give out your number to. Easier said than done I know. I rarely give out my cell phone and I still get some telemarketing calls. If I don't recognize the number, I usually don't pick up.
You can also check on a number 1-800 notes (my favorite) or other sites
- If I don t recognize the number, I don t answer. I don t care what they want. My cell has a block feature. If the call is important, they will leave a message or call back. On my land line, they hang up after 4 rings.00
- If I don't know the number I don't answer.00
- goof around and waste their time, if they find out that you know they are scammers and you just waste their time they will stop calling00
- The rule in our house is that calls are never answered from unknown callers, or from phone #'s we do not recognize. If someone has something important to tell us, then the caller can leave a voicemail. That is why caller ID is so popular.10
- Block strange phone numbers!00
- Is 4G needed to have Telegram, What's app etc?
- Wrong charger into iphone. Think its broken?
- How to recover deleted files from android DCIM folder?
- What happens when i hold and accept call while leaving a voicemail on iPhone?
- Apple or Samsung?
- Which phone company handles 718 area code?
- Whats the number to ring to check if your phone is working?
- What would you do if TV and Cell phones suddenly disappeared. no longer available? Like back in the 1940 and 1950's?
- Please suggest an Android phone under 95 USD...?
- How do I fix camcorder failed on Android phone?