How to stop being a failure?
I know that sounds really over dramatic, but basically I'm 17 and in my second year of college (UK) and my attendance is really really bad. There's a number of reasons for this, and a lot of it is down to me being stupid and unmotivated. But at the same time, grandad just passed away over the summer and my mum is an ex alcoholic who is wobbling lately (I caught her buying drink) and I'm constantly worried about it all. I already have anxiety/depression but mt doctor won't give me any medication because I'm under 18. I know I'm stupid for letting this get in the way of my work, but I can't find a way through it. I might be getting kicked off my course because of it, they haven't decided if I'm allowed to stay or not yet. I feel really overwhelmed. How can I start going to class and proving myself, or should I just quit since so far I'm clearly incapable?
- Seek help from a teacher, be as honest with them as you are in your question. They may well be able to be in touch with social services and get, as you have no adult relatives willing or able to help, a social worker to act on your behalf.00
- Attend class every day and try your best at school so you won't fail the courses01
- Turn to crime02
- Try counselling as talking to Someone really does help and find something to do that you love. I’ve experienced similar issues and once I did both of these I slowly started to feel better. So mine was doing Sport which helps a lot!00
- you're not a failure it's all in your head you got to change your outlook because it's all in your head00
- Know that many successful people became successful without having a college degree (eg. Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates).
The only person responsible for you is YOU. I'm not saying you should quit, but you need to set yourself some goals and work towards them. A little progress each day can add up to BIG results.
Decide to be stronger, and let all negativity go. I believe we attract what we are ready for. Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable. You've got this!!! xx00
- Stop worrying about things you know you have no control over. Easy to say Right. But you can't control grandma. You have to study and concentrate on you. I know loss is hell, I lost both my parents 2 months apart. and it took some time to get that past me, as I was their care taker, but then you at some point say I have to take care of "Me". That is your true task here. Your Grandma would not want you to fail at school so have the goal, of take care of you, and catch grandma with professional help. It is there if you look for it.00
- hope is the answer. when we are in a dark place and stormy life is around us. its worse just before we reach safe haven or sunrises.
looking inward and allowing negative feelings will have us expecting failure and rejection. many successful people have no more intelligence or other advantages other than def confidence. this is a skill that has to be learnt. coming from a broken family . kids home.no friends. no pocket money. toys etc and being bullied when young. had feelings of suicide etc.
it took me several years to change attitude. however though not easy I was stubborn .refused to let events and people overwhelm me. now man years later . i own own home. have a decent pennons. friends . family and holiday every year. not rich but sheer handwork. 12 hours day seven days a week for decades . and effort to push myself worked.
you can change it around. think of life as unrehearsed play . no script .you as an actor. this means reacting to events without a script. don't put self down. accept self and be comfortable with self. you can get through this.. many others have done so. take it day at a time.what we can't change..don't fight. learn to adapt.good luck.00
- You Might Also Like. 8 Things to Tell Yourself When You Feel Like a Failure. Defeat Feeling Like a Fraud or Failure. "Feel What You Feel, Even If It's Not What You'd Like To Be Feeling." What to Do When You Feel Annoyed by Your Partner. When You Feel Like You've Hit the Bottom: Music Can Help.00
- Resting face?
- Is my mom neurologically deteriorating?
- What will happen if tacobell is fed to the illegal mexican human traffickers in their chamber?
- How to deal with suicidal thoughts? Don’t want to talk about it.?
- What's the PURPOSE of my life if I'm a totally worthless woman?
- To protect your home, do you have a picture of trump hanging on your front door?
- Why aren’t 15 year olds considered adults when we’re often physically adult sized and some of us even have facial hair?
- Are you a master debater with a closed mind, or a human capable of accepting God?
- If I get a tattoo my boyfriend will be ashamed of me.?
- Does it look like a large number of prominent Democrats are going to jail?