Is Oktoberfest worth the money?
Because I'm currently studying abroad in Sweden, one of the first things that I thought of doing was going to Oktoberfest. Unfortunately, I have class all week and will only be able to go on Saturdays and Sunday. Round trip train is about $120, not including transportation from Berlin to Munich. I'll only be able to attend the festival on Saturday. I'm not really a huge fan of beer but I do want to see Oktoberfest and whether or not it is as crazy as everyone makes it out to be. So would it be worth it to attend Oktoberfest, even for just a day?
- Unless you made reservations a year in advance you are out of luck as far as hotels go. It's definitely crazy and loud and very crowded, especially on weekends. If you really want to see it go, but you may be spending a lot of money and come away somewhat disappointed.20
- You should fly.00
- It would be cheaper and faster to fly ...00
- No; it is not worth the money to travel all the way from Sweden to Munich just for some hours (the rest will be spent on planes, trains, buses).
Oktoberfest is really too much overestimated. I (as German) have only visited it when I have lived near Nuremberg and it took just about two hours of traveling by train. I have never been there after I have relocated back to my home town in 400 miles or 650 kilometers distance from Munich..
Cranger Kirmes is about as same as good for me;-) .. and you should visit Copenhagen's Tivoli Gardens instead.00
- Octoberfest, can you camp in a tent in munich germany?
- Is it wise for an American to move to Germany in their 20s?
- Advice on a 19yr old driving along German autobahns for their first time on the right side of the road approx 2h road trips :) :)?
- Would I still enjoy living in Munich?
- I am creating my German CV (Lebenslauf) however...?