only one state requires the landlord provide ac; arizona... all others it is a convenience and a perk... since it is not causing any damage (like a water leak, electrical short, etc), the landlord can wait for a more opportune time to take care of the issue...
if 62 degrees (outside) is causing you discomfort, iecommend ver polar region you came from...
My apartment ac is out. The maintenance guy says that the outside temperature has to be at least 72 before he can check and recharge?
The freon. I haven t found anything online suggesting this. I have a small child and we are on the second floor. We also live in south Alabama. It s currently 62 out side but even with the windows open and fans going, it s still warm in our apartment. They aren t willing to do ANYTHING until the outside temperature rises to 72. Is this normal for them to wait?
- you should love to california00
- Move North QUICKLY00
- Absolutely yes, you can still check and recharge you a/c system during outside low ambient conditions. Its definitely easier when you have a higher outside temperature. I sometimes purposefully put newspaper on the outside coils to block airflow to build up artificial head pressures. I'd say 90% of an A/C problem is electrical which the outdoor temperature make no difference.00
- stick it in her pooper00
- A qualified HVAC technician can troubleshoot and find and repair the problem any time.
To get the perfect charge, it should be warm out. Overcharging in a high outside temperature can cause damage to the compressor in a lower than normal outside temperature.
I think that he doesn't understand a/c or he is too lazy to repair it.
The only reason to "charge" or "recharge" refrigerant is because of a leak. A leak must be found and repaired. If there is no leak, no charging should be necessary. Some electro-mechanical device may have failed.
Like Mint said, your maintenance man has a load in his pants!10
- i think your maintenance guy is trying to get out of doing his job...00
- to california00
- move north quickly00
- me too00
- What is the average total cost to replace a furnace and an air conditioning unit together in an average Toronto home with tax included?
- Is it hazardous to use a stove with a cracked heating coil?
- I ve a water shut off valve located behind the cooker, for the washing machine. I can access it, but is it against UK building regulations?
- New tub. Can we fill below freezing outside?
- My neighbor just snow blew my driveway what is the proper neighborly course of action?
- How can I stop forgetting to leave my keys in my front door overnight?
- How do I run 360 volts on one outlet for washer dryer.?
- What to when your roof is leaking in a rented apartment?
- Why do democrats refuse to secure the border in the only real way?
- I have just hung an intenal door the hinges on the door keep pulling out?