How to change oil with no jack ?
With a pump?
But how to remove the filter
But how to remove the filter
- Nobody with any sense will get under a car that is just jacked up, too many people have died when the jack collapsed. If you can't afford to pay someone else to do your oil change, then buy a pair of ramps and learn how to use them safely. They will last for many years. There is a tool for removing oil filters. Buy one. Youtube has lots of helpful videos for people who want to do their own maintenance.10
- Look on Craigslist or another local free publication and you can usually find a jack for $5. Use a log cut to the right length for a jack stand. I like to use ramps. You can buy those used, also (no jack stands needed).00
- Get a hose small enough to go down the dipstick hole and siphon it out.10
- Slim down, so you can get under the car.00
- The curb method works very well in a pinch...just drive one side of the vehicle up on a curb and you will now have sufficient clearance to get under the vehicle and access the oil filter. It is also far safer than using only a jack to support a vehicle while you're underneath it.00
- It's only $19 to change oil at many a decent stations. Let a pro do it. Just DO NOT let them talk you into anything else. Just get the oil change. Their "cabin air filters" can be had for a few bucks in the store, not $14. Get your warranty book and see what you have to do when. You do not need a trans, engine flush. Actually NEVER get an engine flush. Just get your oil changed every 5K with regular oil (unless you have a turbo) then get semi-synthetic00
- Get Harry to help you instead.00
- DONT use jacks alone they are so shady I would never get near one again we just had a kid get killed here locally and I personally had one slip.I also changed my oil you DONT NEED A JACK this is a simple unscrew the "screw" and let it spill out everywhere and DONT DO IT WHEN ITS WARM it will be SO SO HOT.If your car is low you will have good trouble like me and will probably cut open a gallon trying to capture all the oil (IT WONT) I literally dumped it all over the street and that was only 3 quarts imagine 4 or 5 quarts like you it would over fill and spill EVERYWHERE.Then when done screw back the screw with good atrength.Then since you want to work extra hard to remove "filter" you need to get back under there and screw driver off the filter which is a coke can that's either blue or white.AND PUT IT TIGHT AND ROGHT or you will leave a crack and it will bleed little by little which will leave dumping oil and not telling you like it did ME ASWELL(I'm so smart) I ended up cracking my en00
- jack ont fund00
- Mechanic autopart shop scraped my car and left large noticeable dent?
- I want to get out of my car lease?
- 2000 buick park ave, left front turn signal & left rear brake light stays on?
- Is it safe to drive a car that is very rusty underneath?
- Why do windshield wipers still exist?
- Can I drive a car 12,000 miles without an oil change?
- How much does it usually cost to get a donut tire fixed?
- I have a crack on my windshield.?
- Is it harmful to install a loud exhaust on a V4 car?
- Car Mechanics, if I have difficulty starting my car, is it the battery, or spark plugs that need replacement?